Stretford, Greater Manchester
£20.00 - £25.00 per hour
7 months ago
1st Step Solutions are currently working with a National Contractor who are looking to recruit a Mechanical Site Manager to be based in Manchester.
* Manage the installation of MEP and Architectural services.
* Manage both internal staff and external sub-contractors.
* Liaise with the contractor, client and other sub-contractors at a site level.
* To ensure the site is run is to a high standard of health and safety.
Aims and Objectives:
* To provide a point of contact for the projects team at a site level.
* To lead all site labour both in house and sub-contract to deliver a successful project.
* To provide the project manager/engineer with valuable site information and progress.
* To deal with the client /contractor at a site level.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* To lead and motivate all site teams.
* Report on site progress to project manager/engineer on a weekly basis.
* Produce and manage look ahead programmes.
* Managing subcontractors to maintain programme targets.
* Manage all Health and Safety on site.
* Complete all H&S procedures and submit monthly records
* Carry out weekly QA assessments.
* Monitor and manage technical submissions.
* Attend client meetings, program, programme design etc.
* Manage quality control, produce and Issue quality control documents,.
* Assist with commissioning and handover.
* Review of RAMS.
* Carry out site inductions.
* Manage overall project delivery from inception to practical completion.
* Work closely with the project team to ensure all work is carried out correctly.
* Maintain all required site documentation/permits/plant registers etc.
* Monitor and report on progress.
* Review and report on progress against programmes.
* Identify any deal with all site issues
* To complete all permits including issuing permits where required.
* To monitor all procurement.
* Deal with all issue's airings at a site level.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines.
* Strong communication skills.
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to organise.
* Other duties as required by the project manager/engineer.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
* The successful candidate will be qualified to at least NVQ in Mechanical Engineering or recognised equivalent; and will possess:
* Leadership experience combined with good Mechanical and Electrical technical knowledge.
* Experience in the delivery of pharmaceutical projects, clean rooms and close controlled environments.
* A proven track record of delivery at a site level within the M&E installation sector.
* Experience managing multiple site-based team/s.
* Clear and confident written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience in critical controlled HVAC systems.
* Knowledge and skills to effectively problem solve.
* High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines.
* To be aware of H&S and current legislation.
* Minimum 5 years' experience within a similar role
* Time served engineer.
* Knowledge of building works, civils, roofing and structures.
* Experience of managing site labour.
* Architectural clean room experience.