27 days ago
1st Step Solutions have a great opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Supervisor to be based in London. Our client is an establish Mechanical and Electrical Contractor who have a national presence and have gone from strength to strength over the last 20 years. They have an exciting portfolio of engineering projects across London and the South East mainly in the new build and refurbishment of health care facilities, commercial buildings, Education facilities and luxury residential projects with values up to £10m. 2019 is planning to be an exciting time for this contractor and it is a perfect time to join one of the UK's major players in the Mechanical and Electrical sector.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Mechanical Supervisor who has a solid and stable engineering career history and has worked for contractors starting and completing projects. Mechanical Supervisors with experience of a projects will be seriously considered for this role. They are keen to see Mechanical Supervisors who have a track record of delivering successful projects in a mechanical sub-contracting environment and who are driven, focused and who enjoy solving all their client's technical issues.
Mechanical Supervisor Duties:
Reporting to the Project Manager to implement and deliver projects according to the budget, timescales and quality assurance in line with the client's plan. The Mechanical Supervisor will be required to supervisor all mechanical installations, mechanical plant, plumbing, public health, drainage, air conditioning, heating and ventilation on several multi-million-pound projects. The mechanical supervisor will also work closely with the Electrical Supervisor, as well as liaising with sub-contractors to manage other packages on site
* Strong technical awareness of mechanical services
* Proven track record of delivering large scale projects especially in the Education, Commercial and health care sector
* Ability to work to a tight programme and ensuring deadlines and scheduled handover dates are met.
* Supervisor or Site Management experience especially in commercial and luxury residential apartments experience.
* Experience of delivering projects
* Strong leadership: you will be responsible of keeping a large work force of around 30 trade operatives motivated to deliver the project to the highest standard
* SMSTS or SSSTS as well as an Advanced CSCS card
* First aid qualified with strong knowledge of workplace health and safety procedures
* Ideally with a Trade; Plumbing / Pipe fitter background Current,
* A working knowledge of Microsoft packages - Word, Excel and Outlook
* Experience of completing hot works, quality assurance documentation, as well as having experience of witness and signing relevant service test certificates as supervisor you will be driven to deliver quality projects and have a willingness to take management and responsibility for projects and the teams you are responsible for.
Mechanical Supervisors with stable work backgrounds with good access to the London area are encouraged to apply for this role.
If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like a confidential discussion regarding other opportunities which we have for Mechanical Supervisors, please forward a current CV or give me a call on 07976 430 771 or 0207 760 7622