£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
1st Step Solutions are working with a M&E Contractor who specialise in M&E Building Services for the London construction market.
They are currently looking to add a MEP Design Engineer to the existing team. You will be working for a forward-thinking and well respected company who really care about their employee wellbeing and support their professional growth.
The role is mainly based within their Head Office in Essex, however visits to their sites throughout Greater London will be required on an adhoc basis.
This M&E Contractor have been in business for over 20 years and in that time have established themselves with the majority of major London builders and developers. They have a reputation for handling large scale and complex projects.
This post is for an experienced Design Engineer who will ensure technical compliance and enhance overall service provided and to ensure we remain competitive through correct product selection as well as continuing to maintain high installation standards. Ensuring that design projects are delivered to specification and comply with industry regulations and legislation.
* Knowledge of RIBA stages.
* Involvement in technical aspects of installation such as site inspections.
* Working with Project manager to ensure installation complies to the design and specification.
* Review the consultant design and calculations for design and build projects.
* Advise estimating department on technical compliance and value engineering.
* Attend client and company design team on design and build projects.
* Work with the buying department to ensure correct product supply and technical submissions to client.
* Review new products coming to market.
* Attend client pre-start meetings to demonstrate technical abilities and professional abilities.
* Review and appraise quotations received, comment on comparison and compliance with specification and drawing requirements.
* Ensure compliance with all Statutory and Regulatory obligations, make submissions to the Statutory Authorities and obtain approvals as necessary.
* Ensure the Design Team is kept fully informed of all technical and other information necessary for the duration of the project.
* Review all design information and ensure that all calculations are prepared and signed off in accordance with the requirements of the relevant Standards and Codes of Practice.
* Represent the company at Client, Design Team and Progress meetings throughout the design and construction phases of projects.
* Review commissioning reports and check the compliance to the design and specification.
* Prepare record 'As installed' Drawings marked up and issued for CAD.
* Undertake the control of all production aspects of the projects in the office.
* Ability to work accurately, independently and efficiently, and to take ownership of projects.
* Be an effective communicator and team worker.
* Be proactive about self-development.
* Ability to assist in the management of tasks for junior and trainee engineers.
* Acts as a role model in demonstrating effective team working.
* Plays an effective role as a member of the company team.
* Builds a strong team and encourages direct reports to do likewise.
* Creates strong morale and team spirit.
* Demonstrates the company values at all times.
* Promotes team activity and invests in team development.
* Contributes fully to team objectives to ensure these are met.
* Makes it easy for others to work with them.
* Creates an engaging and positive culture at work.
* Takes steps to plan significant communications taking account of timing and sensitivity issues.
* Communicates with clarity and impact at all levels.
* Adapts style to suit audience.
* Carefully selects most appropriate methods of communication.
* Checks for understanding and clarity of message.
* Engages the customer at all levels.
* Gets things right first time.
* Secures full commitment to customer satisfaction by anticipating and preventing potential issues.
* Takes immediate action to rectify any complaints and ensures steps are in place to avoid a repeat.
* Takes time to get an in depth understanding of customer requirements, adapting as required for example obtaining additional works packages.
* Develops well thought through business plans and objectives which are consistent with and contribute to the company's vision/strategic goals.
* Ensures key company wide initiatives are related to team plan and successfully delivered.
* Seeks and applies new ideas.
* Constantly challenges the status quo and looks for ideas and suggestions for improvement.
* Prepared to take a calculated risk.
* Supportive of others' ideas for improvement.
* Embraces changes and new ideas.
* Responds positively and enthusiastically to changing business circumstances and readily adapts behaviour to maintain high performance.
* A degree in mechanical engineering, building services or similar.
* Working knowledge of UK construction standards.
* Technical experience in mechanical and public health system.