£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits
11 months ago
1st Step Solutions have a great opportunity for a MEP Project Manager to be based in the Surrey area. Our client is one of the UKs top 50 Mechanical and Electrical Contractors who have been trading for around 30 years and have had a rapid growth since early 2000. They have a couple of offices in the UK to cover the North of England and one to cover the South of England. They have an exciting portfolio of engineering projects across the new build and refurbishment of Education, Retail Outlets, Office buildings, and healthcare projects.
The successful MEP Project Manager will be an experienced and technical minded MEP Project Manager who has a solid and stable engineering career history and has worked for reputable contractors starting and completing projects. MEP Project Manager with experience of a wide range of projects will be seriously considered for this role. They are keen to see MEP Project Managers who have a track record of delivering successful projects in a mechanical and electrical sub-contracting environment and who are driven, have a team player attitude, has a hands-on attitude to site activities, focused and who enjoy solving all their client's technical issues.
MEP Project Manager Duties:
Reporting to the Operations Director to implement and deliver projects according to the budget, timescales and quality assurance in line with the client's plan. The MEP Project Manager will be required to take ownership on delivery off several multi-million-pound projects. The initial project will be an £5.3m Education project and you will be responsible for delivering on time and on budget
* Strong technical awareness of mechanical and electrical services
* Proven track record of delivering large scale projects especially in the Education, Office Fit Out and Healthcare sector
* Ability to work to a tight programme and ensuring deadlines and scheduled handover dates are met.
* Experience of delivering projects with average values between £1m - £10m
* Ideally with a Trade; Plumbing / Pipefitter, or Electrician background
* A working knowledge of Microsoft packages - Word, Excel and Outlook
* Experience of coordinating the site construction, commissioning and handover activities of Mechanical and Electrical projects.
* Review M&E design documentation to ensure compliance with client's specifications and relevant standards
* Work with the planner to produce short term and long-term programmes
* Evaluate and compare quotations and technical proposals
* Produce commissioning plans and supervisor commissioning activities and handover
* Lead M&E disciplines on behalf of the site-based team in co-ordination / management of M&E construction activities
MEP Project Managers with stable work backgrounds with good access to the Surrey area are encouraged to apply for this role. If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like a confidential discussion regarding other opportunities which we have for MEP Project Engineers, please forward a current CV or give me a call on 07976 430 771 or 0207 760 7622