£43000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
MEP Quantity Surveyor
1st Step Solutions are currently working with a leading Engineering and Services business who have an opportunity for a MEP Quantity Surveyor to join them on a project based in Reading. In this role you will provide commercial support to the business, maintaining and maximising the profitability of small to medium projects through timely requests for payment, minimising sub contract costs, agreement of variations and accurate reporting.
Applicants must have previous experience of working on medium to large projects either within MEP or with a Main Building Contractor.
* Lead on developing and agreeing a target cost / lump sum for the contract.
* Lead on developing a validated budget to build.
* Administer the applicable contract in full and in the timescales required.
* Price submittal and agree quotations for compensation events.
* Ensure positive cash flow on the project.
* Manage all sub-subcontracts.
* Produce detailed cost & sale report monthly.
* Create and regularly update costed risk & opportunity schedule.
* Set up and update revenue and cashflow forecast monthly.
* Ensure impact programmes are submitted with each quotation.
* Set up a template and utilise the information produced by the project team to produce an earned value analysis for labour.
* Meet with and maintain good professional relations with the clients QS.
* Adhere to and promote company processes and procedures.
* English and Maths GCSE or equivalent.
* Relevant BSC/degree or equivalent, or willingness to work towards.
* Previous experience in a similar role, ideally within MEP/Building Services environment