2 months ago
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
4 days on, 4 off, 4 nights on, a rolling basis 7am-7pm & 7pm -7am
What is the purpose of this role?
As a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer you are a key member of the site.
* You will provide Engineering support to all site assets from production equipment to Building Services.
* Undertaking planned preventative maintenance tasks.
* Responding swiftly and efficiently to reactive tasks and breakdowns.
* Working to maximise asset uptime to support our production colleagues to ensure that we deliver the highest possible quality of product and service to our customers.
* As a Manufacturing equipment expert, you will be the "Go To" person for first line advice when issues arise, supporting the Production team with guidance and information, as necessary.
* Work as part of a three-man team on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern rotating days and nights, you will be always highly visible and proactive and will be used to working as part of the team.
* Maintain accurate records by ensuring that you utilise the deployed Handheld Technology, to support our Computerised Maintenance Management System called Pirana. The system is a core part of our asset management strategy and it is intended to be a credible source of accurate information to support informed decisions on asset life, maintenance, and replacement strategies.
* It is a "Given" that you will fully comply with our Safe Systems of Work and Hygiene requirements at all times.
* To be committed to the manufacture of safe and legal food and maintain an environment that supports this process.
* Exercise good engineering practice ensuring all Health and Safety standards and requirements are fully adhered to.
* Ensure safe and hygienic engineering standards are successfully maintained.
* Work closely with the PPM and Controls Supervisor to ensure timely completion of planned work.
* Maintain accurate records by updating Pirana with FULL information required.
* Provide feedback on the effectiveness of the deployed maintenance strategies.
* Maintain site standards by using our "Clean As You Go" process.
* Generate reports for use by the engineering department and wider management team.
* Support to Capital projects on an as required basis.
Experience, knowledge and capabilities needed:
* You will either be from an Electrical or Mechanical background with recognised qualifications such as City and Guilds or BTEC, preferably having completed a formal apprenticeship or with significant relevant industry experience.
* You should be able to demonstrate: a solid understanding of Engineering maintenance principles and planned and reactive tasks.
* Have a clear knowledge of fault finding and rectification.
* Experience of working on sealing machines, PLC controlled process equipment and packaging equipment. A thorough understanding of vacuum systems is also a prerequisite.
* You will need to have a thorough understanding of the use and application of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems, supported using handheld technology.
* You should understand the interconnection and dependencies of plant and equipment together with the demands of a food production environment.
* You will have great interpersonal skills and will be able to liaise with a wide range of stakeholder across the business, communicating at all levels from production to senior management.
* You will have recent experience of working within an FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) environment where GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards are deployed. Working within a production lead environment such as:
o Food Processing: Fish; Meat; Poultry; Fruit; Ready Meals or pre-packaged snack foods.
o Pharmaceuticals or medicines.
* Experience of working with the following equipment is desirable:
o Conveyor systems.
o Refrigeration systems.
o Air compressors and pneumatics.
o Pressure systems for the mixing and distribution of gases used in food production.
o Water system, bacteria, and temperature testing.
o Use of Lean systems such as Six Sigma.