Birmingham, West Midlands
South West Recruitment Team
11 months ago
1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting for an internationally recognised facilities management company that offers electrical, mechanical and HVAC building services to various sectors that includes manufacturing, education, retail, commercial and heritage sites.
Our client is currently looking to hire a multi-skilled Plumber to work on two of their highly prestigious commercial retail and hospitality contracts, which includes blue-chip coffee retailers and a gastro pub chain. You will be supporting with the delivery of facilities support services across their multiple sites.
You will be required to work a 40 hour week, a driving license is essential for this role as travel will be required across various sites in the region.
Multi-skilled Plumber Responsibilities:
The role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Weekly & monthly planned maintenance tasks
- First line response to reactive repairs
- Plumbing, China ware.
- Fire alarms tests, Water Temperature recording.
- Relamping of defective luminaries
- Building fabric repairs
- Minor decorating tasks
- Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner
- Proactively walk the floors, reporting any maintenance or H&S issues to the helpdesk and appropriate manager.
What we are looking for:
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- Full UK driving licence
- Formal trade qualification in Plumbing (NVQ or C&G)
- Experience of building maintenance, handyperson with a plumbing bias is desirable
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
- Full time and Permanent role
- £11.22 per hour
- Overtime opportunities (All overtime is at Double time)
- Company vehicle, fuel card, paid travel time
- 21 days holiday (plus 8 statutory)