11 days ago
We are proud to be working with one of the UK's largest NHS Hospital Trusts have urgent requirements for Registered Nurses within North Bristol.
You will be working within the Medi-Room which will enable you to develop skills in a range of surgial specialtiess in a supportive environment.
To be successful for this role you must have:
- NMC pin
- DBS for quick start
- UK experience
- Be available to work a full pattern of shifts including nights, weekends and bank holidays
- Knowledge of patient care during surgery
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Responsibility for assessment, planning, provision, maintenance and evaluation of patient care for patients in the Medi-Room environment.
- Identifying individual patient requirements and acting effectively on changing needs, liaising with and directing relevant staff.
- To take personal responsibility for ensuring that patients are treated with courtesy at all times, the individual needs of patients are respected and confidentially is maintained at all times.
- Give skilled support to medical staff and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Administer drugs and treatments as prescribed in accordance with Trust Policies and Standard Operating Procedures. Demonstrates effective communication within departments and multidisciplinary team.
- Advise patients, their Carers and other staff on the promotion of health and prevention of illness.
- Recognise situations that may be detrimental to the health and wellbeing of the individual and institutes preventative measures.
- To report to the appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team any significant changes in a patient's condition or situation.
- To be able to act in emergency situations and to be familiar with emergency procedures including fire and resuscitation. To be responsible for the support and direction of junior staff in such situations according to Trust policy.