2 months ago
Our client has an opportunity for a Package Integration Manager Integrated Control Systems (ICS) to be based on their project in Berkshire.
We have an exciting site-based role (with occasional travel to key suppliers, UK based) reporting directly to the ICS Package Lead and support the delivery of the ICS systems within a new major complex build. Detailed knowledge of and a background in Control Systems/ EC&I is essential, as this position assumes a lead role in driving and supporting technical activities across the ICS programme of works. The project is within a highly regulated industry.
Our client has been contracted for the design and build of a facility near Reading. The scope of works for this project will include Programme Management, Construction, Building Services (M&E), Instrumentation and Control Systems and various external works.
The Package Integration Manager is to assist the Package Lead in delivering a highly complex programme of Integrated Control Systems (ICS) works, driving delivery to cost, quality and schedule, satisfying legislative, regulatory and company requirements. The process involves issue resolution, as well as solving problems and making value judgements.
The position will have responsibility for assisting in the driving of a dedicated team of Construction, Agents and Engineers, including Supply Chain Partners, to meet a demanding nuclear programme.
The Package Integration Manager shall be responsible to the Package Lead for the execution of individual job responsibilities. The Package Integration Manager shall:
- Support the Package Lead and the staff under his/her control.
- Maintain a good working relationship with Client and associated personnel.
- Manage and control his/her section of the work according to agreed programmes.
- Be conversant with all drawings, specifications and related information for these works.
- Cover absence from site during holiday periods, the Package Integration Manager shall hand over duties to a delegate agreed with the Package Lead.
- HNC/D in Engineering.
- Member of an Engineering Institute (If not Chartered then working towards).
- Holds or is able to achieve SC clearance.
- Knowledge of and background in EC&I.
- Extensive knowledge of Operational Technology.
- Experienced manager with proven track record.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry (eg. Defence, Construction, Nuclear, Aviation).
- Sub-contractor management.