£32985.73 - £34436.84 per annum
3 months ago
1st Step Solutions have a requirement for an experienced Planned Works Team Leader, based in Essex.
* Ensure compliance with appropriate legislative controls and within the company policies.
* Contribute resource allocations and business performance to the painting, kitchens, voids and repairs service.
* Assist in providing an efficient, effective and profitable team within the service.
* Reporting to the Response Repairs Manager.
* Direct liaison with the Senior Management Team Client Officers, Support Officers, Call Centre Officers, Site Operatives, Technical/Commercial/Financial/SHEC/HR and IT Departments.
* Promote a positive culture in managing health, safety and environmental activities.
* Ensure projects are safely delivered on time, to budget and achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
* Identify the need for Risk Assessments/Safe Systems of work and generate/implement in your area and maintain records.
* Ensure all work is carried out to specification and the required quality standard of workmanship.
* Ensure that KPIs are mentioned and targets achieved for each of the relevant measures.
* Ensure that the clients targets are achieved in relation to "turnaround" times.
* Utilising management IT systems to plan, allocate and appoint works to all craft operatives or service providers.
* Have a thorough understanding of health, safety and environmental risks and their controls and can implement and monitor the effectiveness of such measures through inductions, training, inspections and the monitoring of KPIs.
* Carry out joint site visits with the client or service providers to determine the extent of works.
* Where required, acquiring any statuary, legislative or procedural certification such as scaffold inspections, asbestos reports, to enable the progress of works.
* Carry out interim and post site inspections, both planned and adhoc to ensure that the required levels of quality, performance, safety and financial costs are met.
* Monitor reportable accidents and ensure correct paperwork is submitted to the appropriate personnel.
* Identify the need for and generate risk assessments/safe systems of work in your area and maintain records.
* Control and implement H&S procedures including regular inspections, ensuring all registered and documentation are entered correctly and in a timely manner.
* Monitor and review operational procedures and recommend changes as required.
* Maintain operational strategies to ensure that resources are used in the most effective way. Review current service provisions and implement agreed improvements to affect a more planned and IT assisted delivery programme.
* Maintain effective communication with all stakeholders including clients, tenants, and external organisations.
* Build positive relationships with clients/customers.
* Monitor budgets, valuations, costs whilst recognising contractual requirements.
* Responsible for the day-to-day management of the section to the required quality and performance within the financial controls and approved policies, to achieve a value for money service.
* Assist the RRM in the implementation, operation and monitoring of performance management schemes.
* Monitor and control expenditure/budgets, in accordance with contractual requirements and policies.
* Understand the team's financial position and assist with forecasts.
* Deal courteously and efficiently with the General Public to meet the needs of the service user.
* Understand and commit to Customer care.
* Establish and administer suitable relationships with suppliers to ensure certainty of delivery and price.
* Ensure that reports are completed on the performance of all suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with company procedure.
* Ensure that subcontracts are administered in a timely and professional manner, with appropriate notice and written documentation in place. All invoices, application for payments and variations are to be agreed and processed as per the terms of the contract.
* Control and organise resources, including the provision of labour, materials, transport, and plant for all work undertaken by the team.
* Generate and employ reports to provide recommendations to the service Managers.
* Strive to achieve top quartile performance in your work area.
* Maintain quality/standards to contractual levels.
* Take the lead resolving problems and implementing actions.
* Assist the RRM with regards to optimum employment levels, including the recruitment of direct labour operatives, agency staff and sub-contractors.
* Ensure every effort is made to achieve targets, both key performance indicators and local performance indicators as agreed and ensure the resources of the service are used in the most efficient and economical manner.
* Schedule, plan and allocate jobs accordingly.
* Liaise & make appointments for work being undertaken.
* Communicate effectively with all team members.
* Ability to lead a multi-functional, multi-tasked team, carrying out various duties with differing levels of expertise and experience.
* Actively encourage customer feedback through team.
* Monitor reportable accidents and ensure correct paperwork is submitted to appropriate personnel.
* Ensure inductions are carried out for people who join the company or change jobs, whether they are direct labour, agency or sub-contractor.
* Actively encourage customer feedback through team and individual communication.
* Build positive relationships with colleagues/clients/customers.
* Carry out toolbox talks in line with the SHEC programme and maintain records.
* Ensure operatives attend training events and all requested meetings/briefings.
* Authorise and monitor absence within the team and take necessary action to resolve any absence issues.
* Lead, contribute and develop a multi-disciplined team, of directly and indirectly employed labour.
* Develop effective communications within your team.
* Participate in carrying out of annual PPRs with your staff including interim reviews to manage and monitor the performance and potential of team members.
* Monitor performance of direct labour, agency, and sub contractors in line with the current procedures.
* Maintain quality/standards to contractual levels.
* Identify training needs of self and others to feed into the Learning and Development plan.
* Undertake further training and professional development when required.
* Register sickness absence when required, ensuring empathy and personnel information is safe and secure.
* Ability to produce specifications and construction details in a building maintenance context, considering all relevant legislation and provide accurate estimates for the work.
* Detailed working knowledge of Health & Safety policies, Safe Systems of Work.
* Ability to work to demanding deadlines as agreed with the client and to continually strive for improved timescales in target areas.
* All duties and responsibilities should be carried out in accordance with agreed HTS Group Policy and Procedures, having regard to HTS Group policy commitments to efficient service provision, promotion of Equal Opportunities and diversity, a Health and Safety culture, a customer focused approach and good employee relations.
* Any other duties and responsibilities as may arise commensurate with the role.
* Ensure your business area is presented in a manner that reflects the company image/values.
* Recognise health and safety matters as the highest priority in any job, task or work in which they are involved.
* Work in a manner that will not endanger themselves or others through own actions.
* Adhere to instructions and inform appropriate management if any health and safety conditions which may be considered unsafe are identified.
* Ensure proper use of welfare facilities.
* Ensure appropriate protective clothing and health & safety equipment is used correctly & maintained.
* Ensure COSHH information is up to date.
* Ensure that all safety procedures are followed for all working at height activities
* Understanding of health, safety, and environment policies, COM regulations and safe systems of work.
* Key holder for site responsible for locking and opening, 1st on site.
* Setting up site with associated welfare units
Experience and Qualifications:
* IOSH or similar H&S qualification in supervision or management.
* Supervision or supporting role within a multi-disciplined team/environment , 2 years'
* Ability to work at heights.
* Ability to work in both internal and external environment.
* Awareness of Equality & Diversity and how it impacts on the role and service users.
* Training in Health & safety and Asbestos Requlations.
* Good knowledge of building maintenance.
* 5 years' experience in a multi- trade environment.
* Design and management/COM regulations and be able to formulae a Health & safety Plan.
* SMSTS & Temporary Works.
* Ability to use own initiative.
* Ability to assess & request material requirements to ensure uninterrupted workflow.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all parties, both verbally and written.
* Ability to enforce instructions to contractors and DLO Team.
* Clean, full driving licence.