South West Recruitment Team
about 1 year ago
1st Step Solutions (M&E Recruitment Specialists)
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a national PLC company for the following role.
Required: Planner/Planning Engineer
Contract status: Permanent & full time
An opportunity has arisen within the Water industry for a Planner/Planning Engineer. Reporting to the Planning Manager, who you will be working with to develop and maintain a multidisciplinary Mechanical, Electrical & Civil programme of works with a key client. In addition, there will also be requirement to work with the Delivery Teams, Project and Site Managers, their engineering and construction teams to develop and update cost loaded and resourced programmes where required.
The employer work in partnership and collaboration with customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Their specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill - from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants. Providing services from feasibility and design, to construction and handover. Their Water business provides 'Full Asset Lifecycle Thinking' across projects, in both the clean and wastewater environments. Always ensuring they are supporting customers with innovative outcome-based solutions and an exceptional experience. They currently deliver infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for 10 of the largest national water sector companies.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Develop and maintain a strategic programme of works closely and collaboratively with a key client.
- Liaise with senior stakeholders both internally and externally to update and convey the strategic programme including resource and cost levelling.
- Development of standalone multidisciplinary construction baseline project plans in collaboration with the project delivery teams when required.
- Ensuring client focused planning output including the adoption of Collaborative Planning where possible.
- Identification and tracking of all changes or potential changes to the agreed construction scope, ensuring that the relevant contract principles are applied and that the impacts are given immediate visibility to appropriate stakeholders
- Adoption of Collaborative Planning (an internal delivery tool).
- Ensuring accurate and timely planning, including progress reporting, effective measurement of key dates and milestones, stretch targets and critical path analysis
- Receiving and understanding of all project programme data and integrate all construction activities to mitigate potential resource and workface clashes
- Ensuring Compliance with the employer's Management Systems
- Compilation of Project and Programme Information
- Site Programme reviews to ensure accurate recording of progress
- Monitoring and Updating of Project and Programme Information
- Pro-active and forward looking to support stakeholders in strategic and management decisions
- Ability to travel and spend time in our regional offices to support the planning teams
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- Excellent communication and presenting skills at all levels, customer focused, personable, attentive, active listener, confident
- Excellent IT skills and relevant knowledge & experience of MS project. The knowledge and experience of other planning software such as Primavera P6 and ASTA Power project will be an advantage.
- Excellent report writing and data analysis skills, speedy real-time changes to cover "what if Scenarios" when required, (Client meetings)
- Effective management of key stakeholders (Team, Client, internal and external)
- Excellent time management, Organisational and planning skills.
- Methodological approach
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent multidisciplinary construction knowledge (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Instrumentation and control) ideally in the water industry
- A Site Management background would be advantageous
- Understanding engineering principles and ability to interpret 3D models and engineering drawings
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
How do you apply?
Please submit your CV or alternatively you can contact Ralph Preston in our Bristol office on 01173326633
If you do not hear from us within 10 working days, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies and contact you accordingly.