about 1 year ago
PMO Planning Administrator required for 2 month contract in Rickmansworth.
£140 - £160p/d PAYE / £200p/d Ltd
- Focus of this role will be resource management but the successful candidate will be involved in administrative duties across the whole PMO organisation e.g. PPM updates, leadership meeting packs, mailbox monitoring, project reporting etc.
- Maintain, administer and make recommendations to further develop the resource planning control process for an IT department of over 100 FTEs.
- Track resource capacity and project demand using Asta Powerproject and other MS Office tools.
- Monitor and control resource planning activities through all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Liaise with Project Managers and resource owners to effectively utilise the resource pool in the most efficient way.
- Provide management information to IT leadership on potential resource bottlenecks based on in flight projects and the planned pipeline.
- Produce and issue updates to project resource plans and schedules.
- Produce and issue updates to project manpower requirements.
- Host internal project progress and performance status meetings as required.
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required.
- Have worked in a PMO previously and a good understanding of project controls.
- Strong experience in a planning position using Asta Powerproject
- Excellent MS Office experience
- Proven track record in enterprise resource management
- Proven knowledge of project planning and scheduling techniques
- Excellent understanding of project management principles and techniques
- Confident building effective relationships and working in an environment where PMO may not be the highest priority. But need to get the job done.