about 1 year ago
An excellent opportunity to join a fast growing MEP sub-contractor with ambitious plans and a strong forward order book.
The responsibility of the Project Director is to ensure the successful execution and completion of a project, meeting defined timescales, quality compliance standards and commercial and cash flow objectives. Support in the creation and development of strategic project delivery plans with the Operations Manager and Commercial Director and through leadership, facilitate the enforcement of internal governance and champion the continuous improvement of performance for all quality, safety, commercial and compliance requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Understand the company Operational Strategy and provide support to the Operations Manager (OP) and other jointly responsible Functional Heads to achieve and deliver upon the strategy
* Cascade the Company strategy to your project team to ensure understanding of the role they play in achieving success
* To work with the Operations Manager and Commercial Director (CD) through pre-construction to facilitate effective handover from proposals to your project delivery team in-line with company policy and procedures
* To create a collaborative environment through leadership that brings together the respective support functions such as Design, Estimating, Procurement, Engineering and Commercial together into an effective project delivery team
* Positively contribute to the challenge of reducing costs and improving company performance
* To lead the project team to ensure successful completion of each project which meets the commercial objectives and the engineering standards
* To ensure that project commercial and operational monthly reports are issued in a timely manner to the OM and CD.
* Carry out senior management safety inspections monthly
* Continuously improve standards of performance through coaching and mentoring of the project team
* Drive innovative thinking and cost-effective installation techniques to enhance project delivery, remaining always inside the parameters of the standards required of the project and business
* Will possess a minimum 10 years' senior management experience of leading £10 million+ MEP rail infrastructure projects
* Experience in a senior leadership capacity with emphasis being placed on engineering construction and contract management; financial management, risk management, business strategy, commercial management; operational planning and staff management