Yonkers, New York
US$90000.00 - US$100000.00 per annum + Benefits/Bonus
14 days ago
The ideal candidate will design building envelopes, fenestration, and other interior and exterior architectural elements including but not limited to unitized curtain walls, entrances, punched windows, coping and interior partitions using computer aided design (CAD) software to industry standards, and governmental regulations. Ensures assigned project specifications are followed. Works collaboratively with internal project team (engineering, purchasing, field and shop personnel) and external vendors to identify and resolve any project relevant issues. Assists in developing and maintaining company processes and standards.
* Completes designs of moderate complexity including assemblies and components using CAD software.
* Generates embed, plans, and elevation drawings and shop drawing details using architectural and structural drawings and project scope documents.
* Ensure all specifications are followed and conform to the rigid standards of the company in the design of all systems.
* Creates fabrication drawings of assemblies and components.
* Supports production control, shop and field personnel during manufacturing and installation of the designed assemblies and components.
* Adheres to company processes and standards.
* Responsible for timely and accurate work (including shop/fabrication drawings, always ensure all work is checked).
* Provides ongoing support for the fabrication and field Departments.
* Other duties as required.
* Minimal travel required.
* 3+ years drafting experience and Associates degree in Engineering Technology, Design Drafting or related field or minimum of 5 years of experience in the design of building envelopes and fenestration.
* Experience reading and understanding architectural and construction specifications and bid documents
* Experience reading and interpreting architectural and structural drawings i.e., dimensions, symbols, types of lines, scales and views, including elevations, plans and sections
* Recognizes elements and symbols of blueprints, drawings and specifications
* Recognizes basic engineering and architectural principles in various structures, e.g. poured concrete, steel etc.
* Expresses thoughts, ideas and technical information clearly both verbally and in writing
* Well-developed drafting and mechanical drawing skills
* Knowledge and experience applying drafting standards
* Works well under the pressure of time constraints and changing expectations
* Proficient using AutoCAD.