South West Recruitment Team
9 months ago
Project Engineer (Mech or Elec)
Salary: Typical Salary would be £33 - 38k depending on experience, with a c£4k car allowance.
1st Step Solutions are looking for a Project Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical) to work with a leading M&E contractor predominately within the water industry, and will focus on the management of projects, with a particular focus on a quick turnaround/emergency repair works.
- To outline engineering from inception to the completion while utilising inhouse resource, site installation and construction personnel
- Ensuring the completion of multiple projects within timescale, budget and safely
- Ensuring KPI's are met through liaising with client's engineering and operations staff
- Attend external and internal progress meetings
- Attend site visits/ meetings
- To collect preliminary and detailed design/projects requirements and solutions
- Complete project documentation
- Liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procuring sub-contractors and materials
- Overall profit / loss on contracts untaken
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
Requirements for Successful Candidates:
- ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ or equivalent
- Experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries with specific experience of reactive/call out type works
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
- A "can do" attitude and supportive to other members of the team when required
What the Company Can Offer You:
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
- 6 monthly salary reviews
How do I apply?
- 'Apply for Job' on this advert and submit your CV for consideration.
- Call our Bristol branch to discuss this position in more detail and the next steps.
- Alternatively, email us a copy of your CV quoting the reference number/job number.
If you do not hear from us within 10 days, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies and contact you accordingly.