8 months ago
Construction Project Engineer
* At the direction of the Project Manager and/or Project Executive, perform tasks for project management and field construction.
* Review and understand contract specifications and drawings.
* Assist with development of estimates and schedules.
* Communicate and review project schedule and milestones with Project Manager, Superintendent, and subcontractors.
* Assist and coordinate the change order management process. Submit change requests for approval and follow through with subcontract change orders/purchase orders as directed. Manage the overall process of RFIs and submittals with subcontractors and A/E team.
* Monitor and control project quality.
* Perform duties related to project close out by collecting warranties, O&M manuals, assisting with final pay applications, and archiving documents.
* Perform other related duties as required by the Project Manager and/or Project Executive.
* Educational and experience requirement include:
* BS degree in construction management/engineering or equivalent
* Working knowledge of building construction, drawings and specifications, and current construction practices
* Great written and verbal communication skills
* Problem solving and creative thinking skills
* A strong work ethic
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to anticipate deficiencies and take initiative to resolve issues
* Commitment to personal and organizational success