South West Recruitment Team
Project Mgr PL_1624887671
about 1 year ago
1st Step Solutions (M&E Recruitment Specialists)
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a national PLC company for the following role.
Required: Project Manager
Contract status: Permanent & full time
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager who is experienced in successfully delivering schemes of varying sizes predominately to the Water Industry, across both Clean and Sewage schemes. The candidate will be based predominantly out of our South West locations, but will be required to travel across multiple sites.
The employer work in partnership and collaboration with customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Their specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill - from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants. Providing services from feasibility and design, to construction and handover. Their Water business provides 'Full Asset Lifecycle Thinking' across projects, in both the clean and wastewater environments. Always ensuring they are supporting customers with innovative outcome-based solutions and an exceptional experience. They currently deliver infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for 10 of the largest national water sector companies.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Assuming responsibility for the management of project delivery outputs including programme, financial position, health safety, environmental performance and progress for all allocated schemes
- The ability to manage staff at varying levels, providing leadership, staff development and retention of key personnel
- The ability to interact in a professional manner with senior representatives of our clients
- To have a good understanding of NEC contract conditions and an astute commercial awareness.
- Responsible for the day to day management of multiple concurrent projects to ensure the successful delivery of the project against the project KPI's and PI's
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered in accordance with current Health & Safety regulations, including CDM regulations, & Environmental legislation
- Review/assessment of in-house/subcontractor RAMS, Process Impact Assessments and Environmental legislation
- To ensure compliance with all company safety, environmental and quality systems.
- Liaise with client's staff to ensure KPI's are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- To manage the project team ensuring that each member has a clear set of objectives. To develop and motivate all team members
- To assist the Delivery Manager with the development of the direct labour resources
- To assume responsibility of the financial performance of each project with overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
- To produce project performance reports and participate in monthly financial / programme reviews for all schemes with the Commercial Manager, Delivery Manager and Regional Director
- To ensure compliance with all company commercial and financial procedures
- Complete contract documentation
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
- Prepare estimates and quotations & provide tender vetting for others
- To develop a detailed project programme, in conjunction with the project planner ensuring that it is maintained to drive the project to key deliverable milestones Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- To closely liaise with other departments, such as tendering and design, to ensure resources are correctly allocated and client requirements are fully achieved.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- To closely liaise with other departments, such as tendering and design, to ensure resources are correctly allocated and client requirements are fully achieved
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Ensure that project resources are made available to attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Attend site visits/meetings.
- To ensure all contract documentation such as, "As built" drawings, Commissioning Manuals and Operation and Maintenance Manuals are prepared in line with the client specifications and client closeout timescales
The experience the employer are looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- H&S qualifications
- IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management (SMSTS),
- CSCS card
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Strong team player but also able to work as an individual
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
- Possess a "can do" attitude and provide to support to other members of the team as required
What the employer can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
How do you apply?
Please submit your CV or alternatively you can contact Ralph Preston in our Bristol office on 01173326633
If you do not hear from us within 10 working days, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies and contact you accordingly.