North Hempstead, New York
9 months ago
Roslyn Heights, NY
1st Step has formed a long-term working relationship with this leading sub-contractor within the Architectural Metal and Glass industry. This company provides all project needs from manufacturing to installation. Their products include architectural windows, doors, curtain walls and storefronts pertaining to the residential and commercial markets.
This contractor is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join the team. The Project Manager position requires a solid understanding of the construction process from contract to completion. This position represents an opportunity to be an integral part of the development of a fast-growing company.
* Establishes and is responsible for work plan, schedule, and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
* Prepare a complete installation construction narrative and schedule.
* Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
* Submits engineering; product data sheets and physical samples.
* Take-off materials to be bought out.
* Buy-out all materials at or below estimate.
* Follow-up on deliveries - constantly - weekly/daily.
* Keep good and frequent communications with general contractor.
* Quote profitable and timely change orders.
* Invoice job accurately as possible with balanced profit throughout.
* Submit closeout documentation.
* Enact job as punch list free as possible by starting this process as soon as possible.
* Bachelor's in Construction Management or related field
* 4+ years of Project Management experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Advanced knowledge of Architectural Metal and Glass Projects
* Familiar with Lean methods of project delivery