New Jersey, USA
about 1 month ago
1st Step is now working with a full-service New Jersey based General Contractor. This leading company is involved with projects throughout the Tri-State area. Taking on both ground-up and interior projects they serve clients in the retail, supermarket, education, healthcare, financial and industrial markets.
We are seeking a Project Manager with commercial ground-up experience. Project Manager is critical to the success of any construction project. Construction Project Managers are responsible for managing and coordinating construction project resources, staff, schedules and project documentation.
* Represent the company in a positive and professional way with Owners, Architects, Consultants, Subcontractors and Vendors.
* Manage and guide financial aspects of the contract, issue subcontracts and other budgetary categories, including oversight of project billings, change orders and purchasing.
* Cultivate and maintain working relationships with clients and subcontractors that lead to repeat partnership opportunities.
* Project bidding and buyout, start-up, construction management and close-out.
* Meeting coordination, leadership, documentation and follow-up.
* Hiring, mentoring and leadership of subordinate staff.
* Communicate in a productive, professional and diplomatic manner at all levels.
* Implement and manage quality control procedures.
* Manage subcontractor procurement, submittals, RFI's, change orders and claim/risk avoidance.
* Bachelor's in Construction Management or related field
* 5-10 years' experience of commercial ground-up projects
* Excellent organizational, management and diplomacy skills.
* Proficient at all aspects of Microsoft Office, Procore, MS Project, P6
* Excellent written and verbal skills