New York, USA
23 days ago
New York, NY
1st Step is currently working with one of the leading currently working with one of the leading General contractors who are looking to add a Senior Project Manager to their team.
Construction Project Manager - Strong Estimating If you are a talented Commercial Project Manager with 5+ years of professional experience in commercial construction, please read on!
* Works as part of the Project Team, assisting with the development of scope, cost, and schedule for project work for a Financial Services client
* Provide superior client service
* Provide superior employee management
* Contribute to the growth of the company
* Enhance own professional and personal skills
* Meet assigned financial targets
* Strong technical background in the MEP components of design and construction. Essential Functions:
* Support project executives on large complex projects and assignments.
* Proactively manage project-related issues on account or assignment. * Develop scope, budgets, and schedules for assigned projects.
* Conduct and document all weekly meetings.
* Coordinate and track all Vendor RFP's. Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation.
* Coordinate activities of sub-contractors and relocation of technical functions.
* Interact and negotiate with contractors and subcontractors
* Prepare/update project status reports, process purchase orders and invoices, update tracking reports and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
* Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all PDS technology as required for assigned projects.
* Ensure accurate management of all accounts receivables to maintain a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance, account finance team and/or the Regional Operations Manager.
* Assist Local PDS Team in meeting AGM numbers on a Regional and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Executive Committee (not applicable to Accounts).
* Perform due diligence surveys and provide reports for real estate transactions. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
* Ability to prepare and track budgets
* Familiarity of technical requirements for a business relocation
* Understanding of architectural and engineering drawings required.
* Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed
* 3-5 years of practical experience in a project administration / accounting position required
* Experience in construction management or MEP design preferred
* Highly organized with strong analytical and technical skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients
* Organizational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Detail oriented
* Ability to multi-task and work both in a team and independently
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Retail and Engineering experience is a plus
* Minimum Required Education:
* Associate or Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management required.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
1. ! So it's a great time to join.
2. We have a full pipeline of projects!
3. Competitive Salary and Benefits. What You Need for this Position At Least 3 Years of experience and knowledge of: - Commercial Construction on the GC side! - Project Management - Estimating Nice to have: - PMP - Construction a PLUS What's In It for You - Competitive base salary - Vacation/PTO - Medical - Dental - Vision - Bonus