Lynbrook, New York
4 months ago
1st Step Resourcing is partnering with one of New York City's leaders in the HVAC mechanical construction contracting field to find a skilled Mechanical Project Manager.
The Mechanical PM will provide overall management direction for large commercial Mechanical (HVAC/piping/plumbing) construction projects. Primary objective is to complete projects on time and under budget.
This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
* Lead the planning efforts in implementing and managing the Integration of projects and timeline of specific Customer Projects.
* Manage a regional team of suppliers and coordinate all deliveries of equipment with the Customer's Construction Contractor.
* Purchase equipment and negotiate best price and delivery of equipment required
* Work with Management to respond to RFPs.
* Forecasting Requirements
* manage budgets
* track expenses
* Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policies. Put these in clear concise work statement for the field
* Create and Maintain Detailed Project Schedules
* Oversee mechanical installation of equipment for the implementation of Company's Mechanical Equipment offering located at data center facilities and Heavy Industrial locations.
* Work on site at Customer's location during equipment delivery and installation/commissioning.
* Represent the company in project meetings
* years experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
* Experience with Mechanical / HVAC Systems such as Chillers, HVAC, CRAC, CRAH, Cooling Towers, Pumps, Boilers, Hot Aisle / Cold Aisle
* a MUST
* Experience managing projects involving heavy equipment supply to the construction industry a PLUS
* Managing Projects for HVAC installation of Equipment for high profile projects a plus
* Ability to successfully work independently
* Self Starter, self motivated, and should prioritize well.
* Customer Service Driven
* Computer Savvy (Microsoft Suite, MS Project, etc)
* Project Management Professional (PMP) or Relevant accreditation of Project Management Methodology a PLUS
* Solid Communicator - (written and verbal)