New York, USA
3 months ago
New York, NY
1st Step is looking for motivated and energetic Planning & Scheduling Professionals to join one of the leading General Contractors in the area, supporting commercial construction projects. The ideal candidate should be a proactive self-starter with a proven ability to work independently and efficiently, while also engaging closely with Project Managers, Executives, Subcontractors, and Owners.
We are looking for a Project Scheduler to use their experience and ability to support planning & scheduling efforts on multiple projects. They are also expected to contribute to Corporate Initiatives including but not limited to training development and delivery, data analytics, trend identification and reporting. They will report to the Regional Scheduling Manager.
* Understand and implement accepted Planning & Scheduling Best Practices
* Analyze drawings, specifications, and statements of work in the preparation and acceptance of usable Baseline schedules for construction.
* Monitor multiple project schedules being developed and updated by Operations staff and provide guidance as necessary.
* Interact with the Operations team and represent its partners in the best manner to owners, subcontractors, and their representatives.
* Support the development of conceptual bid and proposal schedules with executive management and present to selection committees if required.
* Utilize analytics to identify and report on project trends.
* Effectively cost and manpower load schedules to use them during the execution of the project.
* Evaluate the actual construction status relative to proposed plan.
* Analyze and communicate the impact of changes to schedule.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or a related discipline.
* 4+ years scheduling experience on commercial construction projects.
* Proven success implementing strategic initiatives.
* Detail oriented and can manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance.
* Skilled at developing and maintaining relationships with owners, subcontractors, senior leaders and project teams.
* Advanced proficiency in Primavera (P6) software.