Brooklyn, New York
US$95000.00 - US$125000.00 per annum + Benefits/Bonus
3 months ago
Our client is a full service real estate development firm located in Industry City, Brooklyn. To date, they have developed fourteen successful projects throughout Brooklyn, with an additional five more to come. The mission is to acquire and develop residential and mixed-use properties in emerging neighborhoods within New York City. The vision is to design and build properties that we would live in ourselves and we believe we have a responsibility to cultivate vibrant communities, enhance neighborhoods, and contribute beautiful and unique properties to New York City's architectural history.
Our client is currently seeking a full-time Property Manager, to manage and oversee our portfolio of completed mixed use/residential buildings, and facilities to the satisfaction of residents and building ownership. This is a new role within the company so the Property Manager will be responsible for setting up the proper foundation, policies, and procedures for the Property Management division. The Property Manager will supervise the building Maintenance Staff, and hire additional staff as needed.
* Ensure proper maintenance and security for all properties;
* Develop and enforce building requirements and house rules, review security footage and issue fines to violators as needed;
* Respond to emergencies 24/7 and coordinate resolution;
* Be the main point of contact for residents, providing excellent customer service by responding to resident service requests in a timely manner and resolving complaints;
* Develop building maintenance schedules, and obtain proposals for testing and code compliance as required by NYC city agencies;
* Ensure and oversee strict compliance with DHCR and HPD registrations, mailings, and requirements;
* Have a thorough understanding of the offering plan as issued for each building;
* Work closely with the HOA/Boards (where applicable), including setting up initial elections, scheduling and attending board meetings as per offering plan;
* Coordinate move-ins, site visits by vendors, and obtaining insurance documents prior to work being scheduled;
* Work with accounting department to establish projected budgets, overhead costs, collect rent, and apply additional fees and fines as needed;
* Work with Staff to inspect vacant units and complete repairs;
* Spearhead any capital improvements, and negotiate and secure all service contracts including landscaping and snow removal services, maintenance services, pest control, etc.; organize, coordinate, and supervise major repair work;
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, and keeping up to date with city agency requirements;
* Work closely with the Construction Team during close-out of new buildings to ensure quality assurance and facilitate a smooth transition of a vacant building under Construction to a fully occupied building under Property Management.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in a NYC property management role for private residential buildings;
* Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational, and time management skills;
* Highly motivated, detail-oriented, energetic team player with the capability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks with limited or minimal supervision;
* Some AP/AR experience;
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
* Spanish-speaking a plus.