New York, USA
US$120000.00 - US$125000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Manhattan, New York City
We are currently working with a large contractor with offices in the city and in the Long Island looking for a Purchasing Manager for their plant. They have a strong presence in the building products and materials sector and have a strong installation team as well. They turnover about $150,000,000 and are looking to expand this purchasing team immediately.
* Developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers to maintain quality of goods and timely delivery
* Negotiating and procuring plant material for multiple jobs in multiple locations
* Ensuring that all materials are acquired at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
* Interviewing vendors, analyzing quotes, recommending resources and scheduling deliveries
* Sourcing plant material needed for current and upcoming jobs from multiple vendors. This includes purchasing for immediate needs and being able to secure product for future jobs.
* Obtaining recommendation for substitute items when needed and obtaining approval for their use
* Provide purchasing planning by analyzing industry trends and shortages
* Preparing purchase orders by verifying specifications and price
* Minimum of 5-8 years procurement experience in landscaping, construction or related industry
* Construction knowledge/experience is a plus
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Strong work ethic
* Customer service experience
* Prefer Bachelor's degree
To apply for this position, please contact Nana Boss on 646 781 7254 or