3 months ago
1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to be based on research projects in Oxford.
The successful candidate will join an already established Pre Construction team on all phase's of this project. The project is a Mechanical & Electrical installation and has a project value in excess of £8M.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Assisting the Senior QS with tasks as required to allow us to meet our short-term & long-term commercial objectives
* Takes ownership and responsibility for defined work packages
* Measuring from plan drawings and isometrics to produce fully priced bills of quantities, labour hours and material costs
* Tracking costs and labour throughout the project
* Tracking the Project Spent versus Earned schedule for various work packages
* Carry out full construction take offs and prepare construction cost plan
* Provide timely and accurate Cost Report submissions each month
* Preparing submission of valuation and agreement of certification each month end and cash flow submissions
* Preparing timely and accurate assessments/payment certs/payless notices for sub-contractors each month
* To ensure the final account for work packages are agreed within specific project timeline
* Ensuring the Company will not be unduly exposed to third party claims
* Prepare subcontract packages for procurement, agree contracts, and manage through to final account
Education and Experience:
* BSc in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
* 3+ years' experience in quantity surveying
* JCT/ NEC Contract experience
* Knowledge of M&E measurement, take offs and subcontracts essential
* Demonstrable knowledge of the Construction sector with M&E expertise