5 months ago
6 months +
1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to be based a large scale project in Cambridge.
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor in the Glazing and Curtain Walling Industry on a Temporary Basis, the possibility of transitioning into a Full Time Role after August 2021.
The successful candidate will join an already established Architectural team on all phase's of this project, which happens to be our clients largest glazing/curtain walling project.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
The successful candidate will be immediately available and able to work on a Freelance Basis until August 2021. Rate negotiable.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Takes ownership and responsibility for defined work packages
* Measuring from plan drawings and isometrics to produce fully priced bills of quantities, labour hours and material costs
* Tracking costs and labour throughout the project
* Tracking the Project Spent versus Earned schedule for various work packages
* Provide timely and accurate Cost Report submissions
* Preparing timely and accurate assessments/payment certs/payless notices for sub-contractors each month
* To ensure the final account for work packages are agreed within specific project timeline
* Ensuring the Company will not be unduly exposed to third party claims
* Prepare subcontract packages for procurement, agree contracts, and manage through to final account
Education and Experience:
* BSc in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
* 3+ years' experience in quantity surveying within the glazing and curtain walling industry
* Very good knowledge of Microsoft packages, namely ExCel
To apply for the role of Driver/Labour in Great Missenden, you will be required to provide recent references confirming similar duties as Driver/Labour, proof of your CSCS card and your right to work in the UK.
Please apply online or call the South East Trades Team for further information.