Pension, medical cover, holiday
4 months ago
1st Step Solutions are currently working with a National Contractor who are looking to recruit a Reactive Maintenance Electrician on a permanent basis in Oxfordshire.
* The electrician is part of a multidiscipline combined Reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance Team providing Electrically Biased support on a large multi building, multi tenanted research and development site.
* The Electricians role will be to carry out planned preventative maintenance, or respond to a multitude of electrical faults as part of the infrastructure to ensure regulatory compliance and continued operation of site equipment.
Aims and Objectives:
* Provide a key role as part of an effective team delivering Planned and Reactive Services across the clients' site.
* Participating in the service delivery on site and enhancing the customer experience.
* Promote a health and safety culture across the contract, liaising with other team members and sub-contractors to ensure that company standards are adhered to.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Carrying out routine Maintenance to site Electrical and Facilities Equipment within a set schedule. Ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Plant and associated electrical systems.
* Carrying out Electrical Installations including Testing and Certification.
* Carry out 5 Year Fixed Electrical Testing as required.
* Complete Test and Inspection Certificates in line with Client requirements
* Supporting the wider team in other areas where required related to customer requirements.
* Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically related reactive maintenance issues and help desk requests.
* Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
* Keeping the CAFM system updated with works carried out.
* Ensuring onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the electrical aspects of the PPM and plant.
* Work with specialist sub-contractors associated with electrical aspects of the PPM schedules.
* Liaising with the relevant managers on a daily basis to confirm all works are going to plan and no delays.
* Provide technical feedback in relation to work and equipment as required.
* Complete adhoc tasks as requested by line manager.
* Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements, along with SITE Specific Rules & Regulations.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
* City & Guilds Electrical Installation Level 3 2330 / 2360 OR Equivalent.
* City & Guilds 18th Edition BS7671
* Must have at least 3 years' experience working as a qualified Electrician.
Must have at least 3 years' experience working within an Industrial/Commercial environment.
* Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment.
* Must have a good understanding of installation methods and selection of equipment required in Industrial premises.
* Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
* Experience of working within a customer focused environment.
* You will need to possess excellent communication skills and a flair for great service and leading by example.
* Strong administration skills, be well organised with the ability to process data quickly and accurately and support team members.
* Proficient in the installation of electrical trunking systems, conduit and cable tray within commercial and industrial environments.
* Flexible approach to work and working hours outside of contracted hours.
* Ability to work independently.
* City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing OR Equivalent.
* ECS / CSCS Card advantageous.
* IPAF 3A & 3B advantageous.
* Teamwork - actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams' effectiveness through personal commitment.
* Planning, Organising & Executing - able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
* Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
* Commercial Awareness - understands the importance for managing costs and expense, applying the necessary controls.
* Risk Management - is aware on the impact on risk to the business and applies the necessary controls.
* Adaptability - is responsive and open to changing circumstance.
* Drive for Excellence - aims to deliver a high standard of work.
* Self Motivation and Development - is confident in own ability and is motivated to deliver, using opportunities to further develop.
* Customer Awareness - responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction.
Have the opportunity to join on call rota after site familiarisation period.