Pension, medical cover, holiday
28 days ago
1st Step Solutions are currently working with a National Contractor who are looking to recruit a Reactive Maintenance Plumber on a permanent basis in Oxfordshire.
* The Plumber is part of a multidiscipline combined Reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance Team providing support on a large multi building, multi tenanted research and development site.
* The Plumbers role will be to carry out planned preventative maintenance, or respond to a multitude of faults as part of the infrastructure to ensure regulatory compliance and continued operation of site equipment.
Aims and Objectives:
* To provide a high quality support and service to the client and site users.
* Ensure all works carried out in compliance with all legislative and company policies.
* Achieve customer satisfaction within agreed service levels of the client.
* Manage personal workloads to ensure maximum productivity.
* Endeavour to achieve reactive targets.
* Actively integrate and encourage ownership within the team.
* Continually review workload, focus on project management from enquiry to completion, with Individual development.
* Pro actively promote the company brand across the estate.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* To work as part of the site team, supplying plumbing and response engineering services to the clients.
* Ensure that all works are effective executed in line with Company policies and procedures, which include, but are not limited to:
o Health and Safety and Quality Assurance.
o Commercial / Financial.
o Human Resources.
* To carry out Reactive Maintenance and extra works/emergencies in accordance with the contract requirement.
* To provide detailed reporting via the tablet to include, but not limited to predictive times for remedial and chargeable works, and life cycle condition reporting.
* To provide a high level of technical and hands on support in the provision of our service delivery and the daily communication with the on site management team
* To carry out all works in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of plumbing & heating systems.
* Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
* Must be flexible with working hours to meet the needs of the clients.
* Assist other trades as necessary.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
* City & Guilds 6129 - Basic Plumbing - Vocational Pts 2 & 3 / City & Guilds 6089 - NVQ Levels 2 & 3.
* Experience of working on all types of HVAC systems.
* Plumbing qualified with additional fabric knowledge.
* Specialist knowledge/training e.g. Working at Heights, IPAF, PASMA, Scaffolding.
* Health and Safety Training.
* Teamwork - actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams' effectiveness through personal commitment.
* Planning, Organising & Executing - able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
* Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
* Commercial Awareness - understands the importance for managing costs and expense, applying the necessary controls.
* Risk Management - is aware on the impact on risk to the business and applies the necessary controls.
* Adaptability - is responsive and open to changing circumstance.
* Drive for Excellence - aims to deliver a high standard of work.
* Self Motivation and Development - is confident in own ability and is motivated to deliver, using opportunities to further develop.
* Customer Awareness - responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction.