Hastings, East Sussex
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking an experienced Recovery Officer to join them on a 2 year contract in Hastings.
You will 2 years experience working within debt collection and recovery procedures.
Good knowledge of council tax and business rates legislation would be desirable with working knowledge of Northgate software or similar.
- Collect council tax and business rates arrears through various enforcement methods.
- Monitor reports regularly where recovery action has been taken to ensure that arrangements are adhered to.
- Process enforcement officer returns and abscond notices.
- Attend court, when required, to give advice to people who have been summoned to appear.
- Correspond and negotiate with debtors, solicitors and other agents.
Review financial statements returned by customers following the issue of a liability order and make a satisfactory arrangement to ensure the debit is paid.
- Participate in annual performance appraisal based on agreed objectives.
- Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the companies Equalities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- To comply with individual responsibilities.
- Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection policies and procedures.