26 days ago
New Year, New Challenge?
Are you an experienced recruitment consultant looking for a change of sector or progression in your career?
Are you currently within a sales environment and looking for a new industry to build and strengthen your business to business sales skills?
If the answers are YES you could be 1st Step Solutions newest M&E Trades consultant in the South East!
Based in Basildon, Essex, as part of the London & South East Trades Team you will be a member of an already established team, and be supported by a team of account managers and resourcers
Your key focus will be to deliver new business to the trades team, and to initially manage those accounts with support from the existing team, until you have so much work coming in that you need to pass over the account management!
You will be given full training in both the 1st Step recruitment process and also additional external training aimed at utilising and fine-tuning all of your sales skills with new approaches and techniques. If you are not already an M&E Specialist, you will be...
You will benefit from an excellent reputation within our industry and national PSL's already in place. You will work with other divisions to secure 1st Step's position on additional PSL's and maximise opportunities across the group.
You will also be supported by an exceptional back office team, including operations, payroll, finance, credit control and compliance whom all have an unrivalled team ethic and a "get the job done" attitude
About 1st Step
1st Step's core strengths are mechanical and electrical, rail, civils, and construction trades as well as professional & technical personnel in both the temporary and permanent recruitment market. Trading for fifteen years, we are financially stable and currently have five offices across the UK and a sister company in the US.
Our vision is to build upon an already successful recruitment model, by adding to our core strengths with supporting sectors and divisions.
1st Step's core values include Honesty & Transparency, Specialism & Expertise, Responsibility, Collaboration and Ambition. All of which are focused around our clients, candidates and internal staff. You can read more about our Values here
1st Step has a proven history of promoting from within. Your manager, (should your application be successful) started with 1st Step 15 Years ago as an Electrical Consultant and has now progressed to be a Board Director. To find out more and read an inside view from 1st Step employee's click here
We are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has a strong background in temporary recruitment and/or business to business sales.
- Has a proven ability to account manage
- Has proven strong problem resolution skills.
- Has a strong team ethic, with a "get stuck in" attitude
- Has a proven ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Can demonstrate a strong record on billing, winning and developing new clients
- Has excellent time management and organisational skills
- Upholds and exceeds company and industry standards.
- Is accountable, honest and transparent.
- Wants to be a specialist in their field.
- A proactive approach to your own personnel development
- Training & Development
- 20 Days Holiday plus statutory bank holidays plus 3 additional days at Christmas
- Target driven commission schemes
- Employee Perks
- Team building events
- Company voted awards
- Company charity events