Brooklyn, New York
15 days ago
1st Step is currently working with a leader in the civil construction industry who are looking for a Construction Safety Director. The Safety Director will assist with job site compliance audits and safety orientations. The Corporate Safety Director will work directly with Corporate Management to oversee and implement safety procedures to achieve compliance with Company standards, operating procedures, and organizational goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Research, develop and implement new policies, practices, procedures, or guidelines as they relate to safety.
· Maintain Job/Project Safety Manuals, MSDS's, etc.
· Conduct Safety Training and meetings
· Administer Safety Program
· Conduct Labor/craft New Hire Orientations and Perform 30 and 90 day Follow-up Reviews/Interviews
· Maintain CDL and CCO Records and Documentation
· Oversee Site Safety Surveys and Corrections
· Track and Report Participation in daily safety briefings
· Coordinate Preparation of Job Hazard Analysis and Provide Input for Safety Requirements at Pre-activity Meetings
· Investigate and Report All Accidents and Near Misses
· Monitor Worker's Comp Claims
· Reject Tolerance for Unsafe Employees or Work Conditions
· Review all safety programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory agencies on a continuous basis and revise as appropriate.
· Develop and administer company safety incentive programs, including the evaluation of the effectiveness of such programs in positively changing employee behavior.
· Build working relationships with project staff and Subcontractor Safety Representatives
· Enforce Safety Program and related policies and procedures and implement immediate corrective actions in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations and owner requirements.
· Ensure proper pre-planning for all activities and tasks for subcontractors and trades.
· Create safety reports for the project, analyzing metrics and making recommendations for improvement over baseline
Required to be considered:
· Must have OSHA 30 hour construction
· CSP, CIH, OSHA 510 or equivalent preferred
· Demonstrated knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques is required.
· Demonstrated ability to identify known potential exposures and lead implementation of corrective actions.
· Demonstrated management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing and train others.
· Demonstrated computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office suite programs.
· 7-10 years of experience as a Safety Manager
· Minimum of five years of construction experience required or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Familiar with various construction methods and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances.
· Working knowledge of Federal and State safety and health regulations, as well as local building codes.
· Strong interpersonal skills and comfort interacting with a variety of employees at all levels of the organization.
· Must hold valid required safety certifications