Stretford, Greater Manchester
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
1st Step Solutions are currently working with a National Contractor who are looking to recruit a Senior Architectural Designer to be based in Manchester.
Our client specialise in the design and construction of sophisticated environmental facilities; providing a complete turnkey package to the high technology industries, particularly Food & Beverage, Pharmaceuticals, Fine Chemicals, Bio Technology, Electronics and Nuclear industries.
Responsibilities will include progressing the definition of architectural work packages from client concepts through to fully detailed construction detailed design packages. Close coordination with the mechanical and electrical design teams will be required.
The role will produce substantiating calculations, material selections, cost plans and BOMs to support the design.
Leading and supporting bid proposals and feasibility studies to enable a design and build project to be quantified, costed and proposed to serve the clients brief.
Aims & Objectives:
* For this role they need to be fully proficient in AutoCAD and REVIT.
* To provide supporting calculations and material selections in order to procure the architectural package.
* To support the construction teams with the necessary drawings and technical information in order for them to progress site construction activities on time and to the required quality. Information gaps will be notified to the project manager and design engineer.
* To support with bid proposals and feasibility studies to enable a D&B project to be quantified, costed and proposed to the client.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
* Design of architectural packages for clean room new builds and refurbishments and fit out, including wall and ceiling panelling systems
* Setting out of labs and pharmaceutical / healthcare production areas
* GMP area design including work flows schedules and space allocation
* Ensuring building regulations and fire safety requirements are incorporated
* Working to the RIBA Stages of design to define design deliverables
* To manage and produce architectural drawings and modelling in order to achieve programme milestones and deadlines.
* Design of detailed interfaces for the different cleanroom items.
* Design of cleanroom panelling with minimum waste and efficient joints and rips. Coordination of wall and ceiling services to the cleanroom.
* To propose efficient spatial and workflow layouts which maximise the clients area.
* Run and manage a project through technical, procurement and delivery stages with minimum management input.
* Prepare and develop drawings and models from blank canvass to transmit your ideas to the client and ops team.
* Issue completed packages of drawings to the responsible design engineer / project manager for QA. Issue final status packages with the relevant document issue sheet to clients.
* Attendance to design and coordination meetings at the client's site and take meeting minutes for audit.
* Report to design manager on production progress and deliverables on a weekly basis using drawing production schedules as a reporting tool.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
* Qualified as an Architectural Technologist / Technician, with a minimum of 5 year's professional working experience within a UK practice.
* Confident working autonomously through detailed design, technical design and delivery stages of projects.
* A thorough understanding of design issues on clean rooms in order to include necessary solutions in their design.
* Production of supporting design calculations.
* Production of procurement schedules with material selections and BOMs.
* Proficiency in IT packages relevant to the role, mainly Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD.
* Experience with cleanroom architectural modelling including details of interfaces and supports.
* Experience within F&B / Pharma sectors.
* You will be highly organised with a keen eye for detail and take a methodical and planned approach.
* Experience of executing document issue procedures within a quality management system.
* Demonstrate a good understanding of MEP fundamental principles and disciplines.