City of London, London
about 1 month ago
1st Step Solutions are currently representing a reputable business based in the City of London. This established Client requires an experienced Senior BIM Coordinator to join their team on a permanent basis.
In this role you will coordinate and monitor the work of the BIM team allocated to specified projects within budget and programme. You will produce and maintain coordinated building information models/drawings to assist in the overall design and construction process.
* Ensure that our safety first and foremost message is visible and alive through all activities on the project.
* Conduct regular coordination review meetings, highlighting variations and forecasting overspend, to ensure timely communication between the department and wider construction team.
* Maintain a working knowledge of all MEP systems relevant to the installation, commissioning and maintenance of services, to ensure optimised coordinated solutions and enable CDM compliance.
* Visit site in order to gain practical experience of installation practices, survey where required and apply these to improve modelling and coordination effectiveness. Understand the requirements of the site engineers and promote use of Navisworks Freedom by the site teams.
* Work from engineer/designer calculations, rough sketches or drawings to produce coordinated, accurate and structured models.
* Produce drawings from 3D models for design stage, installation and/or manufacture.
* Oversee the implementation of company BIM standards throughout the team.
* Lead and develop skills within the team in relation to software, MEP systems and coordination of work; offering guidance and feedback to maximise the performance of the team.
* Significant experience of CAD/BIM and 3D coordination of MEP services.
* Expert in Revit/Micro-station, AutoCAD and Navisworks.