South West Recruitment Team
Snr Civil Eng_1624875891
about 1 year ago
1st Step Solutions (M&E Recruitment Specialists)
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a national PLC company for the following role.
Required: Senior Civil Engineer
Contract status: Permanent & full time
Following recent success in winning work in the Water sector, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Civil Engineer to join a Technical Services team in Bristol. You will be responsible for leading civil engineering design, identifying and promoting solutions at the definition stage of multi-disciplinary projects. You will investigate and assess current asset performance, define surveys and inspections, identify solution options, produce feasibility reports and outline designs, and support our clients through their investment process.
The Technical Services team works with clients in the Water and Industry sectors providing front end engineering advice, design, project management and construction management services on a range of process and infrastructure projects across the UK.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Assessment of technical information and development of solutions, through the preparation of engineering deliverables such as reports, drawings, specifications and data sheets.
- Develop low carbon designs that are safe to build, commission, operate, maintain and de-commission.
- Delivery of project outputs, as part of multi-disciplinary project or operational teams, in accordance with project or service delivery procedures.
- Delivery of project outputs to time, cost and quality.
- Engagement of various stakeholders to understand current performance and future client requirements to be incorporated into the solution.
- Attend internal and external design reviews (e.g. HAZOP and ALM reviews) and where applicable progress meetings.
- Communication of progress and additional resource requirements to the relevant manager
- Applying technical assurance and ensuring compliance with governance process(es).
- Work alongside Project / Design Manager(s) to support the planning and delivery of projects including estimating and monitoring resource input, cost and time requirements.
- Produce high level designs and scope information to enable solutions to be valued.
- Share knowledge and experience within projects teams and the customer.
The experience the employer will be looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable BEng, BSc or equivalent in a civil engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer (or ready and able to progress to Chartered)
- Water / wastewater treatment processes and the equipment / system requirements
- Civil design of structures including but not limited to wet and dry well pumping stations, buried and above ground tanks, chambers, kiosk and equipment foundations.
- Civil design of infrastructure including but not limited to buried and above ground piping, buried ducting, rising mains, CSO's, access roads and paths.
- Hydraulic analysis of civil structures / infrastructure including open channel hydraulics.
- Interpretation of ground investigation reports
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages
- Managing a small team for the production of engineering detail
The personal attributes the employer are looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture.
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required.
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines.
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service.
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business.
- Self-starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face).
- Excellent relationship building skills to work in a collaborative environment.
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
- Private Medical Insurance
How do you apply?
Please submit your CV or alternatively you can contact Ralph Preston in our Bristol office on 01173326633
If you do not hear from us within 10 working days, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies and contact you accordingly.