New York, USA
US$130000.00 - US$160000.00 per annum + Full Benefits
4 months ago
Senior Construction Estimator (Interiors)
New York, NY
1st Step is partnering with the leading full-service interior construction management and general contracting firm. They provide services to a number of industries, including but not limited to, law firms, media & entertainment firms, financial service companies, building owners, individual residences and retail stores.
The ideal candidate will provide construction estimating, budgeting and bidding for assigned projects. They will interact with architects, clients, and operations staff to ensure a clear understanding of the project objectives, scope and schedules. Furthermore, they will develop bids and negotiate pricing in response to specific proposal requests and obtains all necessary cost information from subcontractors and material suppliers to meet project requirements. Maintains a reliable supply of subcontractors and materials vendors for projects.
- Performs detailed assessment of RFP requirements and gathers and disseminates historical bid information pertinent to the proposal
- Reviews plans and architectural drawings; prepares quantity take-offs on assigned projects
- Oversees preparation of Bid Package to be distributed to subcontractors and vendors.
- Analyzes subcontractors and vendors proposal submissions for scope and value
- Solicits bids and elects proper subcontractors and vendors for assignment
- Prepares detailed cost estimates and conceptual budgets for client
- Utilizes appropriate software programs to calculate, record and track estimates
- Creates PM/ Super project kits, include estimate, purchase orders, project directory, insurance
- Attends meetings with clients, architects, engineers, building owners as needed
- ·7 + years' experience estimating NYC commercial interiors
- Ability to read architectural drawings
- Ability to work under pressure and submit pricing and bids under aggressive time constraints
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel & On-Screen Take Off