6 months ago
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Document Controller in London.
You will have an extensive background in using EDM software 4Projects to a high level and have previously managed a team of Document Controllers.
As the Lead Document Controller, you will overlook serevral Document Controllers across sites in London in which you will be expected to travel across multiple sites as well as manage your own project.
- Assisting Site Teams in ensuring accurate distribution of information within project deadlines. - Ensuring project filing system is set up and maintained in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintaining project registers and trackers.
- Ensuring design information (drawings and technical specifications etc.) is up to date and released to the site team and subcontractors via project notifications.
- Controlling incoming and outgoing correspondence and information.
- Archiving superseded drawings and documents in line with Company procedures.
- Receiving, checking and distributing documents in accordance with project procedures.
- Ensuring all project documentation is loaded to the project drive and is accessible to the project team.
- Maintaining updated hard copy master file of all project documentation, including drawings. - Ensuring all documents are uploaded onto the main contractors/clients document management system in accordance with their specified protocols.
- Ensuring all documents are uploaded and kept up to date onto the internal document management system (Viewpoint) in accordance with company specified protocols.
- Setting up and maintaining the company Field View snagging system for specific projects and assist site teams with resolving any queries and issues arising from this system.
- Ensuring the use of standardised forms and templates.
- Monitoring technical & design documents by reviewing and following the approval process in accordance with agreed schedule.
- Controlling the numbering, filing and sorting of project documentation.
- Liaising with site team to produce monthly progress report - internally and externally
- Liaising with the site team for the production of the O&M and handover information.
- Assisting the site team with implementing the use of Fieldview and Viewpoint.
- Managing a team of document controller policies in liaison with the Document Control Manager to ensure that all company procedures are carried out and in accordance with company.
- Liaising with the Document Control Manager regarding leave days and sickness for the document control team; arranging or providing cover as needed.
- Assisting the Document Control Manager in conducting performance reviews and probation review of document control team.
- Setting up of new projects on the company document control system, using the company templated projects.
- Reviewing of procedures on an on-going basis to ensure best practice in liaison with the Document Control Manager.
- Report to the Document Control Manager on a regular basis and raising any key issues from site teams.
- Implementation of induction and training of new document controllers to the business and training.
- Liaising with the Document Control Manager to roll out new document procedures, and issue to the team as necessary.
- Managing the administrator access for client/main contractor based document control software and be the initial point of contact for new projects.
- Conducting monthly quality audits on the document control software and procedures & report to the Document Control Manager.
- Making sure the project team are issuing a complete version of the O&M and handover manual upon project completion.
- Conducting monthly team meetings within the department.