New York, USA
US$120000.00 - US$140000.00 per annum
2 months ago
Position: Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Westchester, NY
1st Step is currently working with one of the largest Engineering Companies in the Tristate area. Their electrical engineering team offers a wide range of electrical engineering, design and consultation services. Their consultants are experts in the industry and bring a dedicated and professional expertise to the industry, partnerships, and projects. Their work demonstrates how creative collaboration can produce outstanding results for the clients and the communities.
* Design of electrical systems such as power distribution, stand-by power generation, lighting, communication, fire alarm and security systems.
* Supervise a group of Electrical Engineers in project design and development tasks, including drawings, calculations, cost estimates, and specifications, respond to client questions and comments, review contractor submittals, and provide clarifications during construction.
* Review electrical department design documents for completion and ensure department personnel adhere to accepted industry and company standards.
* Assist in the development of company quality standards and procedures.
* Work closely with management and electrical department leadership to develop and implement electrical short- and long-range manpower and production plans to meet project objectives.
* Assist in business development initiatives to pursue new projects including participation in client presentations.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABE accredited program.
* Minimum 6+ years of experience with a consulting engineering firm designing building power, lighting, communication and security systems.
* A thorough understanding and knowledge of the architectural and engineering industry, including the Federal, State, and local laws and regulations that pertain to the industry.
* Licensed Professional Engineer.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Experience using Outlook and Microsoft Office (or similar software).
* LEED Accreditation and working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and Easy Power desired.
* Ability to mentor junior level staff.
* Experience with HVAC and plumbing systems a plus.
Their integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of their staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experiences.
They offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA & FSA, life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, annual bonus, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development program.