South West Recruitment Team
Snr Elec Engineer_1624876514
29 days ago
South West Recruitment Team
1st Step Solutions (M&E Recruitment Specialists)
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a national PLC company for the following role.
Required: Senior Electrical Engineer
Contract status: Permanent & full time
Following recent success in winning work in the Water sector, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join a Technical Services team in Bristol. You will be responsible for leading electrical engineering design, identifying and promoting solutions at the definition stage of multi-disciplinary projects. You will investigate and assess current asset performance, define surveys and inspections, identify solution options, produce feasibility reports and outline designs, and support our clients through their investment process.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Assessment of technical information and development of solutions, through the preparation of engineering deliverables such as reports, drawings, specifications, and data sheets.
- Develop low carbon designs that are safe to build, commission, operate, maintain and de-commission.
- Delivery of project outputs, as part of multi-disciplinary project or operational teams, in accordance with project or service delivery procedures.
- Delivery of project outputs to time, cost and quality.
- Engagement of various stakeholders to understand current performance and future client requirements to be incorporated into the solution.
- Attend internal and external design reviews (e.g. HAZOP and ALM reviews) and where applicable progress meetings.
- Communication of progress and additional resource requirements to the relevant manager
- Applying technical assurance and ensuring compliance with governance process(es).
- Work alongside Project / Design Manager(s) to support the planning and delivery of projects including estimating and monitoring resource input, cost and time requirements.
- Produce high level designs and scope information to enable solutions to be valued.
- Share knowledge and experience within projects teams and the customer.
The experience the employer is looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable BEng, BSc or equivalent in an electrical engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer (or ready and able to progress to Chartered)
- Experience of design and specification of Low Voltage electrical equipment including but not limited to distribution switchgear, Motor Control Centers, Variable Frequency Drives, Soft Starters, power factor and harmonic correction, lighting and cabling systems
- Experience of design and specification of instrumentation and control systems
- Experience of cable calculations using proprietary software such as Amtech
- Generation of typical electrical and instrumentation drawings and documents including but not limited to cable block diagrams, single line diagrams, termination details and loop diagrams cable schedules, instrumentation schedules
- Generation of control philosophies, URS and FDS documents to client briefs and specifications
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages
- Managing a small team for the production of engineering detail
The personal attributes the ideal candidate will have
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self-starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
- Excellent relationship building skills to work in a collaborative environment
What the employer can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
- Private Medical Insurance
How do you apply?
Please submit your CV or alternatively you can contact Ralph Preston in our Bristol office on 01173326633
If you do not hear from us within 10 working days, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies and contact you accordingly.