City of London, London
24 days ago
Position: Senior Façade Engineer/Senior Façade Consultant
Sector: Façade Consultancy/Engineering
Location: London, Central London
1st Step Solution are currently working with one of the leading Engineering Consultancies in the UK. They are currently seeking 3 experienced Senior Façade Engineers/Senior Façade Consultants to join their well-established design practice working on international structural façade engineering projects.
The company have become award winning due to their complex structural glass designs within the retail, commercial, residential, educational and cultural sectors. Due to the continued growth and successful projects with high end clients this structural and façade engineering practice are looking for skilled, highly motivated and experienced Senior Façade Engineer/Senior Façade Consultant to join their expanding team in London.
Basic Experience Requirements:
- 3- 5 years hands-on experience with facades/curtain walling
- Knowledge of building construction
- Knowledge of façade systems e.g. stick, unitised, SSG
- Conversant with all mainstream cladding materials
- Conversant with roofs and roofing materials
- Preference for possession of an MSc degree in Facade
- Engineering from Bath University or equivalent qualification
- Preference for structural/civil/mechanical engineering or similar background
- Ability to deal with all professionals and persons within the building industry, including: Clients, Building Managers, Architects & Designers, Contractors, Manufacturers etc.
Core Experience to include:
- Façade design principles
- Report and specification writing
- Preparation of quality reports, including Technical Due Diligence reports for property acquisitions, sale or re-financing, PPM etc.
- Knowledge of core façade materials e.g. glass, metals, sealants, fixings, finishes, coatings etc.
- Installation of facades and curtain walls
- Commercially literate to provide fee proposals and budget costs
- Façade testing methods
- Inspections and condition surveys of old and new facades Conversant with Façade Fire Risk Assessment and latest App. Doc. B
- Prepared to give technical presentations in-house or for marketing purposes
- Ability to work at height and in maintenance cradles and MEWPS
- Willingness to travel to various locations, locally, nationally and abroad, sometimes at short notice
Additional Specialist Experience (Advantage):
- Expert Witness and legal representations
- Conversant with British, European and other international standards
- Conversant with façade testing and test procedures
- Ability to assess facade defects, concerns or situations at short notice and prepare high level opinion and budgets for repair
- Generate and develop new business from within the company and external clients
- Strong commercial understanding of fees and budgets
- Other languages (spoken or written) an advantage
- Competitive package on offer
- Career Development Program
- Pension scheme
If you are interested in this position, please do not hesitate to contact Alex Cena on or 07976430926 or 0207 760 7622