10 months ago
1st Step are currently working with one of the largest globally known Consultancies with office in Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. They currently have two openings for Senior Façade Engineers and an Associate for one of their London offices.
As a Senior Facade Engineer you will be involved from the early stages, through to the completion of a project which will allow you to take ownership and have a strong influence on the decision-making process.
You will also, as a Senior Facade Engineer will be Degree qualified in a relevant field and have a background working within the facades, stick and unitised curtain walling, architectural glazing or cladding industries. It would also be highly desirable if the Senior Facade Engineer has knowledge of different facade systems such as Schucal, Logikal, Reynaers, SAPA, AluK etc.
Senior Facade Engineer Position Overview
* Minimum of 5 years' industry/ Consultancy knowledge
* Attend client meetings
* Attend team meetings
* Good communication skills
* Extensive experience of working in consultancy and/or construction
* Have good materials and façade system detailing skills
* Produce concept designs and calculations
* Carry out technical audits of façade subcontractor tenders
* Visit the site to monitor and advise the subcontractor
* Produce detailed technical reports
* Witness lab and onsite testing's
* Carry out final review
* Degree qualified within a relevant Engineering/Architectural subject (Master's Degree in Facade Engineering is highly desirable)
* Chartered with IStructE or RIBA, be educated to MEng/MSc-level in Engineering or Architecture (not essential
* Sound knowledge of the facade industry
* Previous experience working on curtain walling/cladding projects
For more information, please contact me on 0207 760 7622 or 07976430756