3 months ago
Senior HSE Advisor
£Competitive Salary and Benefits
1st Step Solutions are seeking a Senior HSE Advisor for a permanent position based in London with some travel to projects outside of London. Reporting directly to the Head of HSEQ.
* To assist and provide support to the Head of HSEQ relating to all occupational Health, Safety and Environmental matters, including planning and management across the business.
* To provide competent compliance advice and support to all employees and project teams.
* To report to the Head of HSEQ and be a point of contact within the company for all Health, Safety and Environmental compliance and performance matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Champion HSE, through promotion, awareness and leading by example.
* Maintain a regime of periodic monitoring, inspection and audit of all projects and locations to ensure that HSE procedures are effective and being complied with.
* Provide competent advice on HSE matters and follow up on this as required.
* Assist in the development of safe operational practices.
* Carry out regular site visits to advise on and monitor health, safety and environmental conformity to company processes and statutory regulations.
* Compile health and safety and environmental statistics for the business including objective KPI's and Management Review input.
* Facilitate and where required lead on accident/incident investigations.
* Liaise with relevant authorities as required. Be the first point of contact for the Health & Safety Executive committee.
* Establish and maintain the reputation of the Health, Safety & Environmental department amongst all staff and respective clients.
* Undertake/record risk assessments and site inspections and consider how risks could be reduced.
* Proactively identify potential hazards and determine ways to reduce risks.
* Actively contribute to the publication and roll out of the monthly HSEQ update.
* Actively encourage and drive Good Call/Close Call reporting.
* Make presentations and lead in-house training with Managers and staff.
* Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a strong working knowledge of all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and any technologies that affect operations and undertakings.
* Assist with the periodic review and update of Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and standards, assisting in ensuring that compliance with all relevant legislation and company standards are met.
* Provide support in any external audits that take place; RISQS/ISO/Building Confidence.
* Good understanding of the following:
o Compliance issues across different sectors and client specific requirements.
o Health, Safety, Quality and Environment best practice.
o Third party audit and registration schemes.
* A relevant higher-level education or suitable professional qualification.
* HSE qualification to professional level; CMIOSH, MIIRSM, MIEMA, NEBOSH Construction.
* Site working/access qualification; ECS, CSCS.
* Management system auditing; IRCA ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 or ISO 14001:2015.
* Driver's license would be advantageous.
* Flexibility in work hours may be necessary.
* Promote and foster a strong, ethical, friendly and efficient team culture and working environment.
* Good people skills with the ability to motivate teams.
* High level of personal and team organisation. Strong attention to detail.
* Hands on and proactive problem solver.
* To be motivated in work and have a positive attitude. Display energy and enthusiasm.
* Demonstrable ability to work well within a team or autonomously.
* Ability to convey a professional and personable image in all communications with both technical and non-technical staff.
* Ability to develop, maintain and improve specific Quality Control procedures.
* Respond positively to the needs of clients, management and other colleagues.
* Constantly maintain an upmost level of confidentiality and discretion.
* Compliance and support for all internal quality, safety and environmental management system requirements and to provide leadership by example.
* Actively promote and comply with the Company's Health and Safety policies and procedures.
* Adhere to the Company's Quality, HR and Financial policies and procedures.
* Dress appropriately at all times.
* Demonstration of the Company's Values at all times and ambassador of the Company's Vision.