Merthyr Tydfil, Wales
£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Holiday pay, pension, etc.
South West Recruitment Team
Senior M&E QS_1564498741
26 days ago
South West Recruitment Team
Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor
To provide regular contractual and financial information to monitor the achievement of project objectives, to assist with the vetting of sub-contract documents prior to execution and generally to maximise the financial return in respect of each project, as described herein.
- Vetting and negotiation in connection with the proposed sub-contract documentation to achieve the best deal for the company;
- Production and submission of cash flow forecast (Internal/External);
- Assist the project contract engineer in the preparation of the sub-sub-contractor enquiry document, collate and prepare sub-sub-contract documents and agree with sub-sub-contractor;
- Provide advice on suppliers/sub-sub-contractors quotations;
- Produce monthly WIP's reports to agreed deadlines;
- Obtain written agreement on suppliers/sub-sub-contractors final accounts, in conjunction with the project contracts engineer;
- Collate and prepare in agreed format, variation measurement details for submission to the Main Contractor/P.Q.S;
- Preparation of final account including agreement of variation account;
- Analysis of the sub-contract tender to prepare format for valuation applications.
- Co-ordinate fully with all other disciplines/departments;
- Attend project support meetings as and when required;
- Liaise closely with the site project team on all project issues;
- Communicate with Regional Managers on potential problem areas;
- Prepare schedule of attendance's to be provided by the Main Contractor and circulate for internal and external domestic use.
- Regular communication is required with main Contractors, suppliers and sub-contractors;
- Attend meetings with the above as and when required;
- Prepare, maximise and agree Interim valuation applications.
Planning and Control
- Monitor performance against project cost/value making recommendations and implementing agreed action;
- Assist in the monitoring of project progress relative to agreed sub-contract programme and if necessary issue of appropriate 'formal' notices. Preparation of contractual claims under the main contract and domestic sub-sub-contracts.
- Administer and maintain Surveying internal filing system;
- Production and receipt of project correspondence;
- Follow and maintain the company's procedure on quality assurance.
- Assess in conjunction with engineering, drawings produced in order to assist in the identification of variations.
- Define, evaluate, discuss, decide, produce action plans for and implement resolutions to any problems that may arise during work.
Health and Safety
- Implement the company's policy on Health and Safety in conjunction with the H&S Department.
- Be flexible and adaptable to change and experimentation;
- Encourage new ideas, i.e. Organisational and systems developments;
- Adapt and develop to new specialised areas of work, when necessary.
- Encourage opportunities for self-development, i.e. Training courses, college courses, promotional interests, etc.
- Examination and payment of sub-sub-contractor accounts including settlement of variation accounts, and issue of sub-contract notices as required.
- Trainee/Junior Surveyors, as applicable.
- To develop and maintain the 'Key Responsibilities'/systems and procedures;
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity;
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Regional Manager;
- Comply with all latest company policies and internal control procedures.