10 months ago
Our client is an established family run M&E Contractor who specialise across Major Rail and Infrastructure projects across London & South East.
They are currently seeking a Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor to join the team for a large project in West London. A good understanding of NEC contracts is essential with experience working for an M&E Contractor.
Reporting to the Managing Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for;
* Preparing early stage budgets and detailed cost plans;
* Performing risk and value management and cost control;
* Advising on procurement strategy;
* Preparing tender and contracts documents, including bills of quantities;
* Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
* Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
* Establishing and operating cost and financial control systems;
* Certifying progress claims and payments to contractors against work completed
* Negotiating to ensure budgets are not exceeded;
* Measurement from drawings of the Mechanical and Electrical components;
* Providing advice on contractual claims;
* Maintain contemporaneous accurate records;
* Valuing completed work and compiling application for payment;
* Monthly cost and value reports;
* Project cost and programme forecasts;
* At least 8 years' experience in a contracting environment
* Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
* To be proficient in MS Office applications- Excel, MS project, Powerpoint