£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Fantastic Benefits
3 months ago
1st Step Solutions have a great opportunity for an experienced Senior or Principal Electrical Design Engineer in Bristol
The ideal Senior or Principal Electrical Design Engineer will be driven to deliver quality designs for a wide range of project types and sizes across a wide variety of sectors, including health, Education, Commercial and industrial and will take pride in their work, with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility for projects and in their portfolio.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Senior or Principal Electrical Design Engineer, who has a solid and stable career history and has worked for contractors starting and completing projects. Due to increases of tenders won and live projects commencing this reputable Mechanical and Electrical are recruiting across several of their UK offices.
Senior / Principal Electrical Design Engineer Duties:
* Manage a small multi-discipline team of engineers and CAD/Revit support staff in delivering the designs of assigned projects.
* Manage multiple projects at one time.
* Be in a client facing role, attending project meeting and being a key focal point for the business during the design phase of the project.
* Take responsibility for the technical and timely delivery of your assigned projects.
* Engage with Junior Design Engineers in their day to day activities, offering advice and guidance to ensure they develop their design and project management skills.
* Monitor and report on design progress and delivery.
* Be financially astute and work with the operational and commercial teams to ensure that projects are delivered within or to an agreed cost.
* Set high standards and maintain them, ensuring adherence to QA and risk control procedures
* Liaise and support the Regional Design Manager and the other Senior/ Principal Engineers in ensuring the efficient operation of the department and resource allocation.
* Provide input and technical support to the Sales and Estimating department, including attending tender interview.
* Have good working knowledge of industry design software; Dialux, Amtech, AutoCAD, Revit, Magi CAD, Solibri etc.
* Be innovative and forward looking and support the development of new methods, techniques and technologies.
* With 5-7 years' experience in a Senior Electrical Design Engineer or Principal Electrical Design position
* Exposure to a wide variety of projects in various sectors
* HNC or a Degree in Electrical Design Engineer or an equivalent engineering qualification
* Working knowledge of software such as Dialux or Amtech
* A working knowledge of Microsoft packages - Word, Excel and Outlook
* The ability to perform detailed design and RIBA stage designs up to level 4
* Ideally come from a building services Consultancy or Contractor background
Senior or Principal Electrical Design Engineers with stable work backgrounds with good access to the Bristol area are encouraged to apply for this role. If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like a confidential discussion regarding other opportunities which we have for Senior or Principal Electrical Design Engineer, please forward a current CV or give me a call on 07976 430 771 or 0207 760 7622