£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
14 days ago
Fast-paced, never boring - senior mechanical design engineer - Fit Out D&B contractor - London
If you have extensive design experience within an M&E consultancy or contractor context, and you like nothing better than being under pressure, delivering projects against the clock and thinking on your feet, then this opportunity will be of interest.
My client is a design & build contractor looking to add a design expert to their team and build the design offer by bringing a senior mechanical design engineer on board. Someone who has strong experience in the design world and has built up a detailed technical expertise in design, and who also has the skills and characteristics to operate in the fast-paced world of commercial office fit out - good project management; quick-thinking; problem-solver; good with people; organised.
The role will be broad and varied and depend on the project, but in brief a few of the day to day responsibilities are likely to include:
* Taking ultimately responsible for delivery of designs;
* On some projects, producing mechanical designs and guiding them through the build process;
* On others, liaising with consultants throughout the process and controlling the flow of information;
* Reviewing and monitoring the designs before and throughout the process to hit brief and budget;
* Monitoring delivery of the design through constant communication and occasional site inspections;
* Arranging and leading design team / client engagement meetings.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please apply in the usual way or contact John Sanger on 07814 619 544 for more information