3 months ago
1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based on a High End project in the City of London.
Role and Responsibilities of the Senior Mechanical Engineer:
* Prepare / manage preparation of technical submittals ensuring selections are evaluated technically in time with project procurement programme.
* Interrogate federated model and support digital engineers to ensure workshop drawings of key plant and details of key interfaces are inputted into model.
* Manage along with junior engineers mechanical schematics ensuring buy in from key stakeholders and ensuring components and arrangements are transposed into model and/or layout drawings.
* Chair meetings with design team if required and to be able to workshop design solutions / RFIs / interfaces with key stakeholders.
* Administration and production of scope documents to prospective subcontractors including technical evaluation of returned tenders in a fashion to support commercial forecast and value engineer where required.
* QA/QC drawings and provide direction to engineers/digital engineers on returned comments from the design team.
* Preparation of mechanical safety project plan/test protocol procedures/test scripts/bespoke check sheets ahead of construction start.
* Liaise with vendors and subcontractors ensuring plant/equipment deliveries arrive in line with baseline programme and project requirements.
* Administrate subcontractor packages ensuring works are carried out in line with baseline programme and all contemporaneous commercial issues are recorded to assist with final account meeting records at the conclusion of the project.
* Be able to lead weekly presentation of droplines to PM against baseline programme.
* Production of weekly reports for project updates.
* Proactive in carrying out/managing periodic inspections of the installation to ensure construction represents the agreed approved schematics and drawings.
* Record and manage change with commercial team both upstream and downstream and assist with cost evaluation and preparations.
* Lead and develop project engineers, providing coaching and mentoring where necessary and monitoring of performance and development.
* Lead walkdown of systems with team ahead of energisation to agree installation with design team/3rd party agents.
* Preparation of method statements along with construction team.
* Lead mechanical safe systems of works procedures during stage of live services. * * * Carry out or lead mechanical AP training with team and subcontractors
Qualifications and Experience required:
* Previous experience on large value M&E projects and High End Residential projects is essential
* Previous experience on large value M&E projects is essential
* Qualification in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering, trade qualification will also be accepted with relevant experience.
* In a senior engineering role with at least 10 years' experience in engineering.
* First class report writing, presentation and negotiation skills.
* To be able to demonstrate excellent IT skills utilising the full range of Microsoft Office.
* Excellent management skills, with the ability to lead a team