17 days ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Water Treatment)
1st Step Solutions are working on behalf of a national building, civil engineering and mechanical, electrical contractor. The contractor concerned has 70 years' experience operating across a national network of offices.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Warrington on a permanent basis.
- Ascertaining Clients requirements either through reference to their specification documents or more likely through visiting sites with their nominated personnel.
- Working alongside the Design Manager, the Project Manager and delivery team to ensure scheme designs are value engineered and adhere to client specifications whilst retaining appropriate levels of operational security and full compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- To prepare and review detailed engineering calculations and solutions from inception to completion of schemes utilising our design partners, individual knowledge, site installation and construction personnel, working in a common data environment.
- To closely coordinate design production between the in house design teams, external design companies, our suppliers and subcontractors and where applicable our client's designers.
- Liaison with client's engineering staff or where applicable their design consultants to ensure designs are approved in accordance with the timescales stipulated within the contract.
- Attend internal and external design reviews and where applicable progress meetings.
- To promote innovation and challenge parties involved to ensure cost effectiveness in all design activities.
- Technically assessing supplier quotations to ensure they meet project requirements.
- Mentor and guide developing engineers within the team.
- An industry applicable BEng, BSc or equivalent in a mechanical discipline.
- Experience and understanding of water and sewage treatment processes and the equipment / system requirements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages.