£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits
5 months ago
1st Step are currently working with a Tier 1 M&E Contractor in the South West Region who are looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer for a £30 million M&E project in the Bio chemical research sector
Experience working on large scale projects would be desirable along with experience of working for a Tier 1 M&E Contractor.
Project types include Commercial, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Laboratories.
The Senior Mechanical Project Engineer must have experience of working in a mission critical environment and have a proven track record of achievement delivering complex projects within Engineering and Construction projects.
Highly developed organisational / team working skills accompanied with strong technical qualities through work experience gained from various sectors as well as promoting practices aligned to corporate governance, company standards and procedures.
* The day to day running of allocated projects/project alongside the Mechanical Project Manager
* The ability to effectively plan and schedule work on projects, ensuring projects are resourced and completed in a timely fashion.
* Procurement of subcontractors and suppliers
* Work closely with the Planner to have a clear sequence of works, with defined duration's agreed with by client
* Managing all mechanical technical aspects on the project and relaying/clarifying complex design issues to management and operatives on site
* Work closely with clients and consultants design team to produce fully coordinated installation drawings to a high standard which allows clear direction for site installation
* Attending weekly design and client review meetings
* Due to the nature of this project the successful Senior Mechanical Project Engineer must have a strong, stable work history as due to the nature of the project a minimum 5-year work background check will be conducted
* Experience of working with Operation Managers, Project Managers, Planners and Electrical Project Engineers to ensure delivery of project on time and on budget.
* Degree or equivalent qualified Engineer with the ability to drive the design, coordination, delivery and handover of projects
* Experience of delivering MEP projects in the range of £30m - £50m
* Senior Mechanical Project Engineers must come from a Building services background with large Contractor.
* Ideal Senior Mechanical Project Engineers must live within an hour of the project in Salisbury
This is an immediate requirement with interviews being conducted over the next 2 weeks.
Senior Mechanical Project Engineers with stable work backgrounds with good access to the Salisbury area are encouraged to apply for this role. If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like a confidential discussion regarding other opportunities which we have for Senior Mechanical Project Engineers, please forward a current CV or give me a call on 07976 430 771 or 0207 760 7622