about 2 months ago
1st Step Solutions have a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Project Engineer to be based in the Peterborough area. Our client is an award winning multi-disciplinary engineering practice who adopt innovation and environmental sustainability throughout every project. They work with some off the leading blue-chip clients across the UK. They have an exciting portfolio of engineering projects across commercial offices, Industrial, Education facilities, residential, public sector and retail projects. 2019 is planning to be an exciting time for this contractor and it is a perfect time to join a proactive engineering contractor.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and technical minded Senior Mechanical Project Engineer who has a solid and stable engineering career history and has worked for contractors starting and completing projects. Senior Mechanical Project Engineers with experience of a wide range of projects will be seriously considered for this role. They are keen to see Senior Mechanical Project Engineers who have a track record of delivering successful projects in a mechanical sub-contracting environment and who are driven, focused and who enjoy solving all their client's technical issues.
Mechanical Project Manager Duties:
The Senior Mechanical Project Engineer will be responsible for the Project Management of complex projects. Most typical duties will include client liaison, design, interface with multi discipline project teams and contract implementation. With a strong focus on energy projects the Senior Mechanical Project Engineer would ideally look to grow their career in this section as it is a huge growth area for the business. The Senior Mechanical Project Engineer will be joining the MEP engineering team to provide support on multi-disciplinary projects including new build and refurbishment schemes for the public and private sectors. This role will also have you from time to time offering support to some of the other regional branches.
* Strong technical awareness of mechanical services as well as HVAC design experience
* Proven track record of delivering large scale projects especially in the Education, Commercial, residential, public sector and Industrial sector
* Ability to work to a tight programme and ensuring deadlines and scheduled handover dates are met.
* Experience of delivering projects
* A good level of software experience covering software such as EDSL, TAS, AutoCAD, Revit MEP and Navisworks.
* A working knowledge of Microsoft packages - Word, Excel and Outlook
* The ability to integrate and contribute as part of a MEP engineering office and a project team
* Review M&E design documentation to ensure compliance with client's specifications and relevant standards
* Candidates who hold professional membership with MCIBSE / MIMechE will be seriously consider for this role.
* Must hold an accredited Mechanical building services Engineering or building Services degree.
Senior Mechanical Project Engineer with stable work backgrounds with good access to the Peterborough area are encouraged to apply for this role. If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like a confidential discussion regarding other opportunities which we have for Senior Mechanical Project Engineers across the UK, please forward a current CV or give me a call on 07976 430 771 or 0207 760 7622