Birmingham, West Midlands
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + £6k Car allowance + Pension + Health
5 months ago
1st Step Solutions have a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Project Manager to be based in the Birmingham area. Our client is an establish Mechanical and Electrical Contractor who have a strong presence in the Midlands but also work on projects across the whole of the UK and have gone from strength to strength over the last 10 years. They have an exciting portfolio of engineering projects across mainly in the new build and refurbishment of Research and Development sectors, commercial offices and warehouses, Education facilities, hotels, leisure and retail projects with values up to £100m. 2019 is planning to be an exciting time for this contractor and it is a perfect time to join a proactive contractor in the Mechanical and Electrical sector.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and technical minded Senior Mechanical Project Manager who has a solid and stable engineering career history and has worked for contractors starting and completing projects. Senior Mechanical Project Managers with experience of a wide range of projects will be seriously considered for this role. They are keen to see Senior Mechanical Project Managers who have a track record of delivering successful projects in a mechanical sub-contracting environment and who are driven, focused and who enjoy solving all their client's technical issues.
Senior Mechanical Project Manager Duties:
Reporting to the Project Director to implement and deliver projects according to the budget, timescales and quality assurance in line with the client's plan. The Mechanical Project Manager will be required to take ownership on delivery off all mechanical aspects such as mechanical installations, mechanical plant, plumbing, public health, drainage, air conditioning, heating and ventilation on several multi-million-pound projects. The main Midlands projects which you will be initially responsible for will be the following: -
* A £40m Design & Build, 8 storey building consisting of commercial office space and leisure and retail units,
* A £100M new build production facility
* A £45m University project consisting of student accommodation, offices and village hall
* Strong technical awareness of mechanical services
* Proven track record of delivering large scale projects especially in the Education, Commercial and Industrial sector
* Ability to work to a tight programme and ensuring deadlines and scheduled handover dates are met.
* Experience of delivering projects
* Ideally with a Trade; Plumbing / Pipefitter background
* A working knowledge of Microsoft packages - Word, Excel and Outlook
* Experience of coordinating the site construction, commissioning and handover activities of Mechanical and Electrical projects.
* Review M&E design documentation to ensure compliance with client's specifications and relevant standards
* Work with the planner to produce short term and long-term programmes
* Evaluate and compare quotations and technical proposals
* Lead M&E disciplines on behalf of the site-based team in co-ordination / management of M&E construction activities
Senior Mechanical Project Manager with stable work backgrounds with good access to the Birmingham areas of the Midlands are encouraged to apply for this role. If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like a confidential discussion regarding other opportunities which we have for Senior Mechanical Project Managers across the UK, please forward a current CV or give me a call on 07976 430 771 or 0207 760 7622